Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues? - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

    Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
     
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 317

Thread: Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues?

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palatine IL
    Posts
    14
    Yes, I got the same problem too, the popping sound louder than it was before. Brought the van back dealer this moring and left it there. Let see what they can do

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palatine IL
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    Did they actually replaced new infotainment ? on my case they replaced entertainment jun-box and the problem still there even worse. The popping sound at center speaker even louder when it shut down ( going to black screen )
    Yes, I got the same problem too, the popping sound louder than it was before. Brought the van back dealer this moring and left it there. Let see what they can do

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by conglydhbk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    Did they actually replaced new infotainment ? on my case they replaced entertainment jun-box and the problem still there even worse. The popping sound at center speaker even louder when it shut down ( going to black screen )
    Yes, I got the same problem too, the popping sound louder than it was before. Brought the van back dealer this moring and left it there. Let see what they can do
    My second attempt there for 10 days . They had local engineering work on my car , problem still.
    I went to Honda Facebook page at odyssey section complain.
    They deleted 2 of my posts
    I wish they rename How much farther app to How much longer to get information fix

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palatine IL
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    My second attempt there for 10 days . They had local engineering work on my car , problem still.
    I went to Honda Facebook page at odyssey section complain.
    They deleted 2 of my posts
    I wish they rename How much farther app to How much longer to get information fix
    Just got a phone call from Honda Corp. in Chino CA to follow up my case, they checked with Honda dealer repair my van, turned out on the first repair they thought problem came from control unit so they replaced only the control unit and now they will have to order the whole RES system. Hope it works.

  7. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MAdison , wi
    Posts
    52
    Let us know how it goes. I can't wait to like this vehicle.

  8. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by conglydhbk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    My second attempt there for 10 days . They had local engineering work on my car , problem still.
    I went to Honda Facebook page at odyssey section complain.
    They deleted 2 of my posts
    I wish they rename How much farther app to How much longer to get information fix
    Just got a phone call from Honda Corp. in Chino CA to follow up my case, they checked with Honda dealer repair my van, turned out on the first repair they thought problem came from control unit so they replaced only the control unit and now they will have to order the whole RES system. Hope it works.
    My case they replaced entertainment jun-box, they don't want to replace new res for me , due to their car stock have the same issue so don't make sense to change new one for me , that what I been told,. I did open case from Honda Corp they said will call me within 2 days business but they never did ( 8-14-17 ) seen

  9. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by conglydhbk View Post
    Just got a phone call from Honda Corp. in Chino CA to follow up my case, they checked with Honda dealer repair my van, turned out on the first repair they thought problem came from control unit so they replaced only the control unit and now they will have to order the whole RES system. Hope it works.
    Sound like they replace entertainment jun-box from my case , and your case they call it Control unit are the same , so please let me know how it works out on you when it's been replaced. So I could call them up and references, thanks

  10. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30
    Just got back from service app to fix infotainment system mess I have. Had the van for two days and ran lots of tests. Conclusion is new system. On back order. No wonder why they would be on B/O. They say they will be taking apart the whole dash to install it. Six weeks old. Two service appointment and other one coming which could compromise vehicle greatly after ripping it apart. I'm starting to get pissed. Again was told this is the first time they heard of these issues. In Canada anyways. If this does not go right I'll be looking for a full refund. $55K. Unbelievable! For now I have to wait for unit to come in. Should have stuck with my 2013 that I traded for this thing and waited for the mid cycle model in a few years so they could fix all these quality issues. I believe Honda quality has become a myth but the people will always buy em and the resale will always be higher based on that myth. This is my 6th Honda in 20 years so. I've seen the changes.

  11. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by my2018Ody View Post
    Just got back from service app to fix infotainment system mess I have. Had the van for two days and ran lots of tests. Conclusion is new system. On back order. No wonder why they would be on B/O. They say they will be taking apart the whole dash to install it. Six weeks old. Two service appointment and other one coming which could compromise vehicle greatly after ripping it apart. I'm starting to get pissed. Again was told this is the first time they heard of these issues. In Canada anyways. If this does not go right I'll be looking for a full refund. $55K. Unbelievable! For now I have to wait for unit to come in. Should have stuck with my 2013 that I traded for this thing and waited for the mid cycle model in a few years so they could fix all these quality issues. I believe Honda quality has become a myth but the people will always buy em and the resale will always be higher based on that myth. This is my 6th Honda in 20 years so. I've seen the changes.
    Following

  12. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MAdison , wi
    Posts
    52
    Thanks guys for going to Honda with this issue. I spoke with Honda Corporate today and they admit there is a glitch with the RES. They will contact the dealership to see what repair or test had been done on the vehicle and determine if there are solutions. They don't guarantee a solution at this time and appreciate our patience. I'll be bringing my vehicle to the shop for the 4th time; this time to fix the second row passenger seats not locking. I'll keep u posted if any solutions come up with the RES.

  13. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    70
    I contacted my dealer and referenced my RES malfunction. Also communicated with Honda service through messenger and stated my displeasure. Asked for follow up when they find a fix. This better happen soon or my patience will expire.

  14. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    8
    If to take away possible issues with JBs, wiring, etc. (which looks like not the case here), there are 2 major possibilities:

    1. While infotainment system is new for Honda, there is a good chance of software glitch. That can be fixed easily over update. Mind you, Honda should move quickly to make it happen otherwise it might be too late. That's we'll get lucky if that's the case.

    2. Hardware issue. One of the 1st things which comes in mind if that CPU (processor) installed in the main unit is not powerful enough to hadle 2 video streams. That would be bad one. If that's the case, completely new design for the main unit will require.

    But in any case - this has nothing to so with QC, but design AND testing. IF some1 did the testing before 2018 Ody went in production.

  15. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    22
    Is there something I have to do before using the HDMI? I used the authentic Apple cable connector with HDMI out and USB power with authentic lightning cable, and RES doesn't show any video after I select rear entertainment and selected HDMI input, and I even tried with my Nintendo switch's HDMI with external power source and with different HDMI cable from Sony, not working. Did I do anything wrong or it's just the system problem? I scheduled service tomorrow, and hope I won't be charge for this DOA

  16. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palatine IL
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    Sound like they replace entertainment jun-box from my case , and your case they call it Control unit are the same , so please let me know how it works out on you when it's been replaced. So I could call them up and references, thanks
    Updated on RES problem. After one week left my car at Honda dealer in Schaumburg, this time they changed the new RES system, I also had a phone call from Honda Corporation to confirm that they sent the whole new RES to the dealer to replace it for my van. Yesterday, the tech called to asked my to activate Epix apps so they can test the van, after 24 hours they called back and said even though they replaced the new RES, problems are still there. They said this time they will have audio specialist and also tech from Honda corp to work on it, they hope to fix it.WTF... when I asked how long will it take for them to fix it, they said they still dont know..... Honda you need to fix it or buy it back, I have more than enough trouble with this Elite minivan.

  17. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    122
    That sucks. Mine has been at the dealer since yesterday for them to look into these issues and to fix the mirror. Today I was called and told they finally figured out the side mirror issue (I thought they already had last time and just needed the parts) and that tomorrow they are calling Honda about the other issues. I don't hold much hope that it will be fixed honestly. I also think a lot of the issue have to do with heat and as we enter winter Honda will think they magically fixed it.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cabin watch & Res issue
    By Vuwie in forum 2018+ Odyssey
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
  2. Elites only have cabin watch?
    By JC_707 in forum 2018+ Odyssey
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2017, 08:50 PM
  4. Rear Entertainment Settings / Rear Speaker
    By SportScout in forum Audio, Video, Security & Navigation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 04:41 PM
  5. Watch out for NAV warranty issues
    By odymeister in forum 2005 - 2010 Odyssey
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2