Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues? - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    Thanks for this info . Hope that they could fix right.
    Honda field engineer was out on 9/12 to fix the issue but he cannot fix it but he recognized problem so it is not hardware issue, it is about software. He said therre will be a software update out mid To late October.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vuwie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by my2018Ody View Post

I also have the squeaky second row back seat behind passenger. It's like driving with a bunch of chipmunks back there. If someone sits there squeak is gone. This will be my third visit to dealer to fix the computer and this maddening seat squeak.
    For the noise in second row seat done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues?-15054126182791178231147_1505412652850.jpg  

Hi All,

I just came across this thread this morning. Same as everyone else, error messages and also screen going completely out. The next day it comes back on like nothing happened. Same with one of the other guys on here, we were on a road trip to Yellowstone when this happened. I'm not upset that the kids dont get to watch TV, I'm more upset about something I bought not working correctly. It's at the dealership now, dropped it off before I knew others were having the same issues. I'll bring this up and see what they tell me.
    2018 Deep Scarlet Pearl Touring (sounds exotic huh?)

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Well got back from dealer with new radio/computer installed. Same crap. Repair did nothing and system is still not working properly. Didn't even make it home before complete shutdown to blank screen after network lost message... while driving. And my seat still squeaks like crazy. I'm going to fight for a new replacement vehicle now. Already opened case with Honda Canada. Wish me luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one with rear entertainment and cabin watch issues?-20170915_185640_1505566419900.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by my2018Ody View Post
    Well got back from dealer with new radio/computer installed. Same crap. Repair did nothing and system is still not working properly. Didn't even make it home before complete shutdown to blank screen after network lost message... while driving. And my seat still squeaks like crazy. I'm going to fight for a new replacement vehicle now. Already opened case with Honda Canada. Wish me luck!
    Even you open the case Honda Corp does not buy back or replacement. You have to call comsumer protection in your local to find out lemon law. From that they could work with Honda Corp .
    For the noise bring your to dealer tell them put grease on font and back hinge, latches. I had paperwork uploaded, you could show it to them for quicker done

I'm sad to report that after the dealer kept the car for a week and replaced a couple of things, the issue with rear entertainment and cabin watch is still there.

I think this is now solved with a new control box for us. See this thread.

https://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-201...ss-issues.html

Thanks, I'll mention it to my Honda dealership.

1. I note that from the RES screen when I select USB, it tells me to plug in the USB device (pointing to a non existing front dash location for the Touring Elite), yet even when I had it plugged in (in the correct centre console compartment), RES screen can't locate the USB device. Front screen works fine and can find the iPhone.

2. From Cabin Control app or RES screen, I realize that one cannot control the volume. If I sit in the back and wanted to select music to listen to, I can only go on Bluetooth as that's the only way the entire car's music volume can be adjusted from the back.

3. On the Elite (Canadian Touring), front centre console USB port charging seems very weak. My iPhone had to restart twice before the car provided enough juice to keep it running from a fully deleted battery.

4. Not sure how Media Servers work, not particularly optimistic. May plug in the Apple TV just to play around, don't trust the system yet to spend on HDMI/Lightening cable at this point.

Let's all share notes..
    Last edited by IHMC; 10-10-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    2018 Canadian Touring (US Touring Elite)

Just a quick reply. For media server, install a dlna server on your phone and connect the phone to the hotspot of the car. Sadly it doesn't always find it.

Problem fixed?

I am having the same problems with the cabin watch and the rear entertainment. I have had my Elite less then 2 weeks. It was produced in July 2017. Has anyone found a fix?

According to another user here he claimed that replacing some sort of component was the fix while my dealership refuses to do that and is just waiting for the update that should come in a few weeks.

I was under the impression the firmware update is coming by end of October. Have you guys gotten any update?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMax View Post
    I was under the impression the firmware update is coming by end of October. Have you guys gotten any update?
    Just update to new software yesterday and tried to run dvd and Cabin Watch at the same time for 30 minutes and YES...it works , no issuse at all

When I go to System Update, it checks for updates and display a pop up box saying System is updated. The issue is still the same so I know I don?t have the latest update. Is there a way to check what version Im currently running?

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast