Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.) - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)

Nice, you are such a balluer. I had a shop that was going to do full hood,front,fendres, side mirrors and doors for $900 here using Expal stuff self heal. I think I'll just risk it and save $900 since I don't really drive highway at night as much as I would be.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't wax the front and will it keep it like new within the next 1-2 years? How is washing it work?

Quote Originally Posted by HondaBox View Post
    Here's my $1500 mod. Full front end Suntek custom clear bra wrap. This is not a precut template wrap. Full bumper, lights, emblem/trims, full hood, side mirrors, door cups, and half fenders. This is one mod where you do not want to see. The only line that is visible is the fender since I opted not to do the full fender. Last pic shows the cutoff on the fender. You can kind of see a bit of the lines in the garnish pic. Overall im vert happy and impressed by the shop's work. They generally do exotics like GTRs, Ferraris, Lambos.. etc. but mine is the 3rd 2018 Odyssey that they've done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Wasting of Money

Paint protection is clearly wasting of money if it cost 1000$ or so.
    I know that if you have your brand new car that you going to keep maximum 10 year for 99% case. in that many year paint will be stay good. i am also wondering what happen if that paint protection start peeling off and getting yellowish!
    batter you get $1000 lower at time of selling it so it would sale fast

Quote Originally Posted by pulseps View Post
    I know that if you have your brand new car that you going to keep maximum 10 year for 99% case. in that many year paint will be stay good. i am also wondering what happen if that paint protection start peeling off and getting yellowish!
    I respectfully and completely disagree with your assessment. What you are saying could possibly hold true to Cquartz or other types of ceramic paint protection coating, but again that's a matter of opinion and the level of protection you want for your cars. Clear bras are definitely worth the investiment and have clear measurables of their protection results. The difference between a car that has it vs one that doesn't on the front end is distinctly visible. Any driving above 40mph will subject your car's front end to road debris, rock chips, and bug gut stains. I guarantee that after a few years without one a car's front end will be pitted by small impact marks. Paint will not stay good compared to the rest of the car. As for the yellowing and peeling, you're speaking from materials that were on the market 10+ years ago. That a very common misconception about gettinf clear bra materials like suntek. So many people who get their cars clear bra'ed tend to think it works like a Ronco dehydration machine. Once you set it you just forget about it. They don't take care of their paint, they don't wash their cars properly, they don't do the necessary maintenance on the film, and they don't follow the care instructions on what you can and cannot apply to it. If you follow the care it'll be just fine for many years. I'm the type that use a foam cannon, micro fibers, and the 3 bucket method. I will also do paint correction when needed. You will also never see any of my cars parked outside of a corner spot. People value different things and you're the type that don't care for clear bras or is okay with running your car through a car wash then that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for those who care.
    2018 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Hi chrisleduc1, Can you tell me what this one for? I am wondering if this is the sensor for the power tail gate. I have EX-L with OEM hitch but I do not see this on my car.

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-ody.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by supert View Post
    Nice, you are such a balluer. I had a shop that was going to do full hood,front,fendres, side mirrors and doors for $900 here using Expal stuff self heal. I think I'll just risk it and save $900 since I don't really drive highway at night as much as I would be.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't wax the front and will it keep it like new within the next 1-2 years? How is washing it work?

I had a choice between Suntek and Xpel. I went with Suntek because it would seem that many people prefer it over Xpel and I have it on my Lexus and have been very happy with it. I couldn't find a custom wrap (Where they use 1 large sheet and work it down on your car) for under $1000. Most that were in the $700-900 range were for mobile or precut template wraps. Those will leave lines and coverage gaps. If you can get a custom wrap for under $1000 then that's a good deal for at least where I live.

As for care I'm not sure about Xpel but my Suntek care sheet specifically says that I can and should wax the material as I would the paint. They do not want you to use any sort of hard coating and buffering should be avoided. My installer did say that if you do need to polish and buffer try and do very light compound and cutting pads and don't go against the film edges in any way. However he's still not an advocate of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pulseps View Post
    My experience with the clear bra for the Ody 2004 is that I will install it again on the new 2018 Ody. I think I was using 3M. It was protecting the front bumper very well when my wife scratched the corner to the Stucco. The problem was she scratched it on the same spot three days later after I remove the clear bra .
    Anyway, just a tip, you need to remove it before the glue is hardened. It is really hard to remove it. I tried to remove it after 7 year-ish and it was a hell to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianOwner View Post
    Hi chrisleduc1, Can you tell me what this one for? I am wondering if this is the sensor for the power tail gate. I have EX-L with OEM hitch but I do not see this on my car.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	ody.jpg
Views:	1707
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	115953
    That is the four pin harness for the trailer wiring.

I respectfully and completely disagree with your assessment. What you are saying could possibly hold true to Cquartz or other types of ceramic paint protection coating, but again that's a matter of opinion and the level of protection you want for your cars. Clear bras are definitely worth the investiment and have clear measurables of their protection results. The difference between a car that has it vs one that doesn't on the front end is distinctly visible. Any driving above 40mph will subject your car's front end to road debris, rock chips, and bug gut stains. I guarantee that after a few years without one a car's front end will be pitted by small impact marks. Paint will not stay good compared to the rest of the car. As for the yellowing and peeling, you're speaking from materials that were on the market 10+ years ago. That a very common misconception about gettinf clear bra materials like suntek. So many people who get their cars clear bra'ed tend to think it works like a Ronco dehydration machine. Once you set it you just forget about it. They don't take care of their paint, they don't wash their cars properly, they don't do the necessary maintenance on the film, and they don't follow the care instructions on what you can and cannot apply to it. If you follow the care it'll be just fine for many years. I'm the type that use a foam cannon, micro fibers, and the 3 bucket method. I will also do paint correction when needed. You will also never see any of my cars parked outside of a corner spot. People value different things and you're the type that don't care for clear bras or is okay with running your car through a car wash then that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for those who care.
    Very much agree with you HondaBox! To each their own!! I love my cars too, and very much wish I had all the time I wanted to keep them as clean and protected as I would like. But I am a full time working mom whose schedule is harsher than most. Plus, I'm am petite. No way I can hand wash AND wax a minivan. I took my 05 to a local detailer once a year who was incredible. He could take a neglected daily driver and make it look like it drove out of the showroom. I paid $140 for this. So when I went with my $1250 Opticoat job I figured I'm saving the time and money to have this work done once a year. The type of paint protection one chooses to use, or even none at all is vary dependent on the owner's needs. In the end, I wanted to protect my paint and trim pieces from sun/weather damage. I kept my 05 for 12 years, and my vehicles are not garage kept. The Opticoat will be well worth it and paying for itself with my lifestyle needs. If I had the time and physical strength to do it all myself I would....but I just can't. I'm hoping the Opticoat meets my expectations...never used it before.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit400 View Post
    That is the four pin harness for the trailer wiring.
    Does hitch come with the trailer wiring pin ? or this an additional wire/kit that has to be purchased separately?

Just finished adding some accessories to the EX-L. Worked on and off over two weekends but now I have everything similar to the previous outgoing 3rd gen Touring.

1. factory roof rails and crossbars (black)
    2. tow hitch and harness
    3. color matched rear parking sensors (additional to rear camera/cross traffic alert)
    4. 35% tint on front windows, 5% tint on rear window (pull up shade in middle doesn't need anything)
    4. all weather mats and touch screen protector (used ipad pro size and cut down by hand to fit)

I know its still a few months away but also fitted the Thule ski rack to the factory cross bar and verified they are very secure at high speed. Now I just have to find a good place to mount a fire tablet (android) into the 3rd row to use w/ cabin control for the kids in the back.

Special thanks to Jeremy at collegehillshonda.com for expediting some missing parts from the shipment at no charge. Also got some new super Z6 cables for snow since old Ody used regular chains and there is not enough clearance for the new suspension.

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_06.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_07.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_08.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_09.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_10.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_11.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_13.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_14.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_15.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_16.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by audia4driver View Post
    Just finished adding some accessories to the EX-L. Worked on and off over two weekends but now I have everything similar to the previous outgoing 3rd gen Touring.

2. tow hitch and harness
    3. color matched rear parking sensors (additional to rear camera/cross traffic alert)
    4. 35% tint on front windows, 5% tint on rear window (pull up shade in middle doesn't need anything)
    4. all weather mats and touch screen protector (used ipad pro size and cut down by hand to fit)

I know its still a few months away but also fitted the Thule ski rack to the factory cross bar and verified they are very secure at high speed. Now I just have to find a good place to mount a fire tablet (android) into the 3rd row to use w/ cabin control for the kids in the back.

Special thanks to Jeremy at collegehillshonda.com for expediting some missing parts from the shipment at no charge. Also got some new super Z6 cables for snow since old Ody used regular chains and there is not enough clearance for the new suspension.

Name:	2018Ody_06.jpg
Views:	1532
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	116521Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_07.jpg
Views:	1514
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	116529Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_08.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	116537Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_09.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	116545Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_10.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	116553Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_11.jpg
Views:	1726
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	116561Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_13.jpg
Views:	1590
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	116569Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_14.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	116577Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_15.jpg
Views:	1326
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	116585Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_16.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	116593

Very cool. The rack and crossbars look good. We are planning to run a Thule Sidekick for road trips. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool. The rack and crossbars look good. We are planning to run a Thule Sidekick for road trips. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks very much. One nice trick with the ski carrier is it can slide out making it easy to put 4 boards in with just enough clearance for my garage door.

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-2018ody_17.jpg

Details on the backup sensors would be great. I've thought about adding it to my EX-L.

2. tow hitch and harness

Name:	2018Ody_06.jpg
Views:	1532
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	116521Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_07.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	116529Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_08.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	116537Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_09.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	116545Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_10.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	116553Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_11.jpg
Views:	1726
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	116561Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_13.jpg
Views:	1590
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	116569Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_14.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	116577Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_15.jpg
Views:	1326
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	116585Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018Ody_16.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	116593

Ordered the parts through collegehillshonda, make sure you get the p/n color code to match your paint. Instructions are online. You'll need to remove the bumper (already doing the hitch) and passenger side rear plastic where the emergency fuel funnel is located (4-5 screws + bunch of plastic clips). Make sure to have both 24mm and 26mm hole saws for the proper fit of the sensors. You'll also need to drill a 26mm hole for the on/off switch which will be located next to the 12v accessory plug in the rear. Switch is there to turn off in case you are towing something and don't want it to constantly beep. The sensors beep only in reverse (from ~24in to 6in) and is different than the rear camera chime. Wife is not always watching the rear camera rather looking out at the side mirrors or facing back. Its just an added safety mechanism and its something we were used to in our old touring.

So the parts came with a switch and a buzzer of some sort? Any programming requirements or just wire it up and go? You make it sound simple. I'd also be interested in doing the front, but that's a completely different project.

Ordered the parts through collegehillshonda, make sure you get the p/n color code to match your paint. Instructions are online. You'll need to remove the bumper (already doing the hitch) and passenger side rear plastic where the emergency fuel funnel is located (4-5 screws + bunch of plastic clips). Make sure to have both 24mm and 26mm hole saws for the proper fit of the sensors. You'll also need to drill a 26mm hole for the on/off switch which will be located next to the 12v accessory plug in the rear. Switch is there to turn off in case you are towing something and don't want it to constantly beep. The sensors beep only in reverse (from ~24in to 6in) and is different than the rear camera chime. Wife is not always watching the rear camera rather looking out at the side mirrors or facing back. Its just an added safety mechanism and its something we were used to in our old touring.

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast