Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.) - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by mtn_bkr View Post
    So the parts came with a switch and a buzzer of some sort? Any programming requirements or just wire it up and go? You make it sound simple. I'd also be interested in doing the front, but that's a completely different project.
    Not aware of any accessory for the front, all parts came with the kit (harness/module/switch + sensors). Its plug and play to the existing EX-L harness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Finally had time to paint calipers. Subtle, but nice.
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170910_094417.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170910_094430.jpgPicture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170910_094458.jpg

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20171015_160118.jpg EXL with added roof rack, crossbars, and 18% tint. Thinking about installing the roof rack yourself? It's a piece of cake. The hardest part is laying out the measurements and cutting the roof molding. I would recommend using some type of abrasive chop saw to cut it with. I used a reciprocating saw and did not like the results of the cut.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Best Mod Ever :)

You sir have the best mod I've seen on any odyssey so far. Tbh, this is something I thought about and didn't act upon yet. Did you paint them yourselves? What paint did you use (the high-temp ones)?

I think a red caliper along with a type-r style rim (with red lips) would be "totally rad."

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
    Finally had time to paint calipers. Subtle, but nice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_094417.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	117018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_094430.jpg 
Views:	1377 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	117026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_094458.jpg 
Views:	1316 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	117034

Its the Duplicolor brush on caliper paint kit. Remove tires, Clean, paint, let dry.

Some different wheels. Window visor. Interior lights . Some dashcam And a universal trim spoiler that hardly noticeable lol. Not much aftermarket support right now .

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20171010_152633.jpg
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20171007_104833.jpg
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20171013_212125.jpg
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-fb_img_1508112161621.jpg
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20171015_180454.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HondaBox View Post
    I respectfully and completely disagree with your assessment. What you are saying could possibly hold true to Cquartz or other types of ceramic paint protection coating, but again that's a matter of opinion and the level of protection you want for your cars. Clear bras are definitely worth the investiment and have clear measurables of their protection results. The difference between a car that has it vs one that doesn't on the front end is distinctly visible. Any driving above 40mph will subject your car's front end to road debris, rock chips, and bug gut stains. I guarantee that after a few years without one a car's front end will be pitted by small impact marks. Paint will not stay good compared to the rest of the car. As for the yellowing and peeling, you're speaking from materials that were on the market 10+ years ago. That a very common misconception about gettinf clear bra materials like suntek. So many people who get their cars clear bra'ed tend to think it works like a Ronco dehydration machine. Once you set it you just forget about it. They don't take care of their paint, they don't wash their cars properly, they don't do the necessary maintenance on the film, and they don't follow the care instructions on what you can and cannot apply to it. If you follow the care it'll be just fine for many years. I'm the type that use a foam cannon, micro fibers, and the 3 bucket method. I will also do paint correction when needed. You will also never see any of my cars parked outside of a corner spot. People value different things and you're the type that don't care for clear bras or is okay with running your car through a car wash then that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean that it's a waste of money for those who care.

I swear we we are related. First the Supra, then the Odyssey, now corner parking. My wife goes nuts when I'm driving around looking for a corner spot, or on the end, so I can park as close to the edge as possible, leaving as much space between the car next to us as possible.

Painted calipers look great!

I'm torn on clear bras. I've had them on two vehicles now. I get scratches on the bras from rocks that leave marks, which essentially leaves the paint intact but visually has the same issue. Basically I think I'm just leaving the paint great for the next owner which probably isn't the best use of money. I haven't used some of the newer paint chip fixes but they seem much better nowadays.

I also have opticoat on my other vehicle and I will always get some sort of ceramic paint protection, definitely worth the money in my opinion.
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue Pearl/Gray
    2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Traded:
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle
    2008 Acura MDX Tech/PTG - Steel Blue/Taupe

Quote Originally Posted by cbfinn_99 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171015_160118.jpg 
Views:	1447 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	119202 EXL with added roof rack, crossbars, and 18% tint. Thinking about installing the roof rack yourself? It's a piece of cake. The hardest part is laying out the measurements and cutting the roof molding. I would recommend using some type of abrasive chop saw to cut it with. I used a reciprocating saw and did not like the results of the cut.
    I'm debating on whether this is something I could do myself. The install instructions do look a bit intimidating. Are the cuts on the molding covered by the pieces provided with the roof rack? Do you think you could post some close-ups?

I looked at the instructions for the rear hatch kick sensor...not doing that one myself no way.

yes i want to add the roof rails and rack, but that cutting (chop saw and/or dremel) freaked me out

This is not a step by step guide to install roof rails, but a few picture pointers that I hope will help the next DIYer.

I used this converter to get my measurements so I could lay out the cuts with a tape measure. https://www.inchcalculator.com/inch-fraction-calculator/

Next step was to convert ALL the measurements at one time and write them down on the Honda instructions so it will be easy to follow. You can also tape and label the parts if this will help.

Use masking tape and make your measurement so you will be able to line up both marks again on the center piece of the roof trim with the body mark.
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_094559.jpg

Removing the roof trim, I used a set of trim panel removal tools that I already had from Crutchfield and a rag to pry against the paint.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_126CR3...c&awug=9028312
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_110220.jpg Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_110333.jpg Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_094654.jpg

If you want, do like I did and put the roof rail brackets on, measure between them to be sure they will fit under the brackets.

Now for the ugly cutting I'm sure there is a tool/blade out there that will do a better job, but at the time, a jig saw is all I had. I have used an abrasive chop saw to cut Ultratite Liquidtite Flex conduit and it works great with that. I just wish I had one! I did find it is better with the jigsaw, to cut only half way through the trim, then start from the opposite side and cut toward the middle to complete the cut.

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_111844.jpg

The cut trim pieces in place.

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_112546.jpg

If you plan on putting the crossbars on now, please take out these screws BEFORE you mount the roof rails. It will save you the headache of standing on your head to take 'em out.
    Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_113733.jpg

Roof rails and crossbars

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-20170908_115944.jpg

Hope this helps!

Windows tinted, visors installed, led light kit for interior and screen protector

Tint is 35% front and 5% rear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-9e8550b8-c3e6-4f27-a222-9af9491a55a9_1508826429651.jpg   Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-c4427195-de65-4afc-8878-af1180c5396d_1508826479401.jpg   Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-93985d23-8e82-4d56-98cc-375cafd3ab40_1508826524667.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by chrisleduc1 View Post
    Cargo Liner and Cargo Tray will be delivered next week and I'll upload some pics and comments then.

08P42-THR-100 | Honda Cargo Liner (Odyssey) - Bernardi Parts

08U45-THR-100A | Honda Cargo Tray (Odyssey) - Bernardi Parts

I would love to see pictures of the Cargo Liner Installed. From the instructions it looks like you have to add some mounting grommets. Did you do this yourself or have a dealer do it?

Also how easy is it to fold and store in the van?
    Thanks!

I was interested in the LED light kit for the interior. How easy it is to do the conversion @ home.
    Last edited by mikebravo; 11-10-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Chrome Roof Rails and Door garnish

Picture thread for modded Odysseys (for accessories tint, etc.)-img_6852.jpg

I installed Chrome Roof Rails ($414 from CollegeHillsHonda.com) and Chrome Lower Door Garnish ($246 from CollegeHillsHonda.com)

I moved from a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring which came with the roof rails. Was debating over Chrome verses the Black.

I felt that in the 2018 Odyssey the chrome trim was reduced to the bottom of the window line. With a darker color some chrome on the top would add to the glow of the car. Same was my thought process with the lower door garnish.

Let me know your opinions. I am liking it.

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast