radar hardwire - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: radar hardwire

i'm with the block - on my 18 Elite GREEN was the 12v switched and BLACK was the ground.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Just to add my experience.

Exl 2018: Top green for 12v, second black for net.

I used the Blendmount mirrortap middle size probe. The larger probe was too large. The middle probe one was a little loose in the 12v, so I used a cutoff piece of the black zip tie supplied to stuff in the 12v hole to help provide a good contact.

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    After looking more online it seems I mistakenly bought the cheap/knockoff MirrorTap wire, instead of the brandname one. $19 vs $40. I've bought the $40 one and it'll come tomorrow, hopefully that's the problem.
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this info. I ordered the exact same wires the first time. Your post helped me realize that. Cancelled my order and ordered the correct one.

Really appreciate that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2015 Ody and have my V1 mounted on a BlendMount and hardwired to the fuse box on the driver side. I bought a kit off Amazon and tucked the wires in headliner and pillar. Also have my dashcam mounted this way as well.

No need to splice or tape into any of the wires.
    2015 Odyssey EX-L [Alabaster Silver/Truffle Interior]
    - LEDs: Full VLEDS Interior LED conversion | Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED Headlights | VLEDS V3 Triton LED Turn Signals [Front: Switchback | Rear: Amber] | VLEDS LED Brake Lights
    - Interior: V1 Radar Detector with BlendMount | WeatherTech Digital Floorliner | OEM Trunk Tray
    - Exterior: Disabled DRL | OEM Fogs | Splash Guards | WeatherTech Window Deflector | Tinted Front Windows | Remote Start
    - Engine: Max Muzzler (VCM Muzzler Clone)

Is there something like this for a DashCam (powered by regular cigarette lighter through USB wire)?

Quote Originally Posted by slavdok View Post
    Is there something like this for a DashCam (powered by regular cigarette lighter through USB wire)?
    Yep: https://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-20...-wire-how.html

Though beware, depending on what dash cam you have, it may require the original cable/accessories be used. I have a garmin dash cam 55 and it refused to pull enough power through a standard micro-usb cable hooked up this way. I even tried a knock-off hardwire cable into the fusebox, didn't like that either. Eventually had to buy the official garmin hardwire cable and wire it into the fusebox. Now I just have a convenient unused usb plug hanging behind my mirror, fine by me :P

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    Yep: https://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-20...-wire-how.html

Though beware, depending on what dash cam you have, it may require the original cable/accessories be used. I have a garmin dash cam 55 and it refused to pull enough power through a standard micro-usb cable hooked up this way. I even tried a knock-off hardwire cable into the fusebox, didn't like that either. Eventually had to buy the official garmin hardwire cable and wire it into the fusebox. Now I just have a convenient unused usb plug hanging behind my mirror, fine by me :P
    I saw that thread. There, you either splice a cable (I don't really want to cut open anything), or run a wire to the fusebox by removing "A pilar" (again, I don't feel like ripping the car apart, and there aren't any photos on how they did the removing of A pilar).

In this thread, you just had pins inserted into the back of the mirror contacts. Was really hoping for something that simple, but USB instead of RJ11

Edit: was only able to find this video regarding A pillar removal:

Is it same for 2018 models too?

Any videos that show how to then reach the fusebox?
    Last edited by slavdok; 05-16-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slavdok View Post
    I saw that thread. There, you either splice a cable (I don't really want to cut open anything), or run a wire to the fusebox by removing "A pilar" (again, I don't feel like ripping the car apart, and there aren't any photos on how they did the removing of A pilar).

In this thread, you just had pins inserted into the back of the mirror contacts. Was really hoping for something that simple, but USB instead of RJ11

Edit: was only able to find this video regarding A pillar removal:

Is it same for 2018 models too?

Any videos that show how to then reach the fusebox?
    Ah, this might do what you're looking for.

Honestly, running a hardwire from the fusebox isn't hard, and the A Pillar comes off super easy. If the mirror power doesn't work, you should go that route. There's plenty of guides on this forum about it. Good luck.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12