Does anyone install Dashcam? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone install Dashcam?

Quote Originally Posted by jzman View Post
    I bought the Garmin 45 Dash Cam with the wire harness. It was easy to run the harness down the drivers side to under the dash where the fuse panel is. I bought a fuse tap and tested with a voltmeter the nearly 40 fuses to try and identify one that is 12v only when the ACC is on. All of them had a maintained 12v whether the ACC was on or off. The schematic here in the link below shows that fuse 27 is switched on only when the ACC relay is closed but that's not the case. Anyone know where I can find the right fuse location for ACC?

link >> Electronic Wiring Diagram
    Unnecessary. See my post on how to hardwire it into the overhead console. https://www.odyclub.com/forums/81-201...-wire-how.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I have two cameras front is a cobra, rear is a yupiteru from my previous van wire behind cig outlets to hide wires very easy

brought and installed this... BlackVue DR650S-2CH Hide the wires inside the edges/liner

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Yes, always.

Installed the Thinkware F800 front and rear.

I use thinkware as well, loving mine.

How did you guys route the wire all the way to the back? I figured out how I'd run it up to the 3rd row but after that I'm not sure.

I just installed SpyTec A119 with GPS logger, and a fuse tap. My challenge was to locate an empty fuse slot that only provides power when engine is started. I was able to hide most of the wire inside the sealing strip and window edge. No big difference from what I did to my old 2007 Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoof View Post
    How did you guys route the wire all the way to the back? I figured out how I'd run it up to the 3rd row but after that I'm not sure.
    Can someone who has done a rear dashcam installation share more insights? I am also puzzled as to route the wire from the rear of the cabin to the tailgate (I want to install the camera right against the rear glass and don't want to leave a dangling wire). I previously installed cameras in my other vehicles with a tailgate and there were rubber channels to route wires. On our new Odysseys, it looks like all the wire are embedded with the hinge.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jzman View Post
    I bought the Garmin 45 Dash Cam with the wire harness. It was easy to run the harness down the drivers side to under the dash where the fuse panel is. I bought a fuse tap and tested with a voltmeter the nearly 40 fuses to try and identify one that is 12v only when the ACC is on. All of them had a maintained 12v whether the ACC was on or off. The schematic here in the link below shows that fuse 27 is switched on only when the ACC relay is closed but that's not the case. Anyone know where I can find the right fuse location for ACC?

link >> Electronic Wiring Diagram
    How did you make out with this? I have a Garmin 55 Dash Cam which I followed the guide on this thread to hardwiring behind the overhead console. However, once I plugged my camera into the new USB port, it cannot draw enough power to hold a charge, and is routinely running out of battery and shutting off. It also complains about me not using the factory cable. I don't know if this is something in their firmware to recognize you're not using the Garmin cable, and nag you into doing so, but it should work fine the way I have it.

Then I bought this kit off Amazon and have tapped into fuse 33 which is empty and I read on here it turns on with ignition, which is what I want. I am using a 5amp fuse which is what the kit came with, and have secured the ground wire behind a screw above the brake, but it will not power my dash cam at all when I tried. Luckily I tested it before I took off the A Pillar to run the cable behind it.

I guess I need to get a multimeter to test with next.

Do you have any tips on how you got your dash cam going?

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    How did you make out with this? I have a Garmin 55 Dash Cam which I followed the guide on this thread to hardwiring behind the overhead console. However, once I plugged my camera into the new USB port, it cannot draw enough power to hold a charge, and is routinely running out of battery and shutting off. It also complains about me not using the factory cable. I don't know if this is something in their firmware to recognize you're not using the Garmin cable, and nag you into doing so, but it should work fine the way I have it.

Then I bought this kit off Amazon and have tapped into fuse 33 which is empty and I read on here it turns on with ignition, which is what I want. I am using a 5amp fuse which is what the kit came with, and have secured the ground wire behind a screw above the brake, but it will not power my dash cam at all when I tried. Luckily I tested it before I took off the A Pillar to run the cable behind it.

I guess I need to get a multimeter to test with next.

Do you have any tips on how you got your dash cam going?
    If anyone finds this thread by searching, I got it working. The Garmins' apparently require the official Garmin cable. As soon as I installed it it immediately began charging and quit complaining about the aftermarket cable. Seems awfully shifty to me, but it is the solution. Just know it going into it.

And FYI if you don't care about parking mode, you need to twist the ACC & BAT cables together and put them into the same the add-a-fuse together, and then remember to disable parking mode on the dash cam itself.

14. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12