2018 Ody Drivers door not unlocking - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Ody Drivers door not unlocking

Same issue happened once on my 2018 Touring. If it happens again, I'll definitely take to the dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Just to add to this thread, this exact issue began happening to me this morning on my 2018 Touring. Except unlike the initial description, even using the key would not unlock the door.

It would just keep beeping like it was unlocked when I would touch the handle, but nothing would unlock the door. I was able to go in through the passenger side and open it that way.

So glad I paid $40k+ for a car where basically nothing works.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by garysdickinson View Post
    The following actions would unlock the driver’s door:
    1. Using the old-school mechanical key in the key fob to run the lock cylinder on the driver's door handle.
    I am also having the same issue with my 2018 Touring. Driving us nuts! I took the vehicle back to my dealer's delivery department and couldn't reproduce the issue, and the delivery manager told me it must be "user error" and apologized for not being able to help.

I'm going to share this info with them and will report back if I learn anything new.

One small difference for us is that even with the old-school mechanical key, we're still locked out of the driver's side door.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Same issue here with my 2018 EX-L. Happens maybe once or twice a month, drivers door. What is the consensus on what part(s) need to be replaced?

Just to add to the count, our 2018 Elite is experiencing the same issue now.....

Another 2018 Elite here bought in late January, now having the same issue. Yesterday was the first time it happened. I was standing in the parking lot absolutely incredulous, that it's the year 2018 and a Honda is having a mechanical problem of not unlocking the doors. This level of automobile technology was figured out back in the 80's, here we are 30 years later and a new-ish Honda is experiencing this problem after barely 3500 miles on the odometer.

I noticed that this issue also happens on the passenger side if the passenger locks the door by pressing the little rotating lock mechanism above the inside door handle - unlocking using the switches would no longer work. I'm thinking that the driver side manifest this issue faster because it is used more often. This worries about long term reliability of this mechanism. Whoever was the engineer that designed this mechanism should be demoted to designing paperclips. This is inexcusable.

Same exact thing happened on my 2018 elite. Purchased in January of 2018. Took 3 tips to the dealer and bringing up "lemon law" to finally get it fixed. I have had a handful of other problems. It's a shame because I love the car 98% of the time, but the issues that have come up drive me nuts.

#metoo

Took my 2018 in for driver's door not unlocking intermittently. Wouldn't open with keyfob or physical key, had to go inside vehicle and open door. The dealer said they diagnosed the problem and replaced the latch. 3 days later, same problem happened again. Has anyone had this fixed and know what is the proper part that needs to be replaced?

I haven't had this happen in months.

Has anyone found a way to replicate the problem? I'd like to trigger it so I can take it to the dealer and get it fixed rather than just waiting to be locked out again.

Any Resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaM View Post
    I haven't had this happen in months.

Has anyone found a way to replicate the problem? I'd like to trigger it so I can take it to the dealer and get it fixed rather than just waiting to be locked out again.
    Curious if anyone has resolved this? Our 2018 Elite just started doing this over the last couple weeks. Very frustrating!

Same issue with my 2019 Odyssey EX-L, Manufactured in April 2019 in Ohio site, (since I wait 2 month for the car). Went to dealer, they just play with the inner lock and said it is not smooth, something is wrong. They open up the panel, said the actuator is defective.

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12