Honda Odyssey Forum banner

CarPlay issues

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ahz 
#1 ·
Hi

It seems that after the latest iOS 11.2.6 upgrade, when I have my iPhone plugged into the car, I can no longer listen to the radio - it automatically switches to CarPlay after about 1-2 seconds of audio. This never happened before (had the van since last october). Typically one can have the phone plugged in and CarPlay running in the background/foreground for Maps, messages, phone calls, but listen to the radio or bluetooth source. Now - no matter what source you have running, as soon as the phone gets plugged in it switches to CarPlay and you can't listen to anything else.

What's interesting is that if I reset Network Settings on the phone, it works as it did previously. However if I turn off the car and then start it again, the same issue appears. I reset the radio to factory defaults as well - same problem. Seems to be the phone?

I haven't confirmed that it's a 11.2.6 thing... will need to find a phone that hasn't been upgraded to 11.2.6.

#3 ·
Wife and I have the same problem with my 2018 EX-L, and we have iPhone 5C, OS 10.3.3. Problems began from day 1 in August, 2018. I have complained several times with several Case Numbers to no avail. Honda should make good on this but they don't seem to take it seriously. Dealers are equally dismissive, acting as if it's all my fault. Anyone know a good way to get the attention of the right people? Maybe all of us on Ody Club should unite as a group. I'm willing to take whatever measure will solve it. Why spend $40 when one of the most bragged about feature doesn't work all the time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.