2019 Odyssey Prices Paid - Page 36
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 2019 Odyssey Prices Paid

Quote Originally Posted by cheeriomobile View Post
    One thing that confuses me on this forum...is the dealer fee usually included in the base+dest.? Or is that added on only in the out-the-door figure?
    Dealer fee is only included in the OOTD price. It's a negotiable item in theory but the number of folks who manage to waive the fee is extremely small. Destination is included as part of the base as it's non-negotiable.

Sorry for the update delay, was out of the country and the forum blocked the country's (continent?) IP range.

Does Honda or some other authoritative source posted the model sales breakdown? Interested to know if the self-reported data lines up, we're heavy on Elites and EX-Ls. Not much action on Touring and LX (1 solitary data point!).

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Just a small update for those who are looking for Odyssey Elites in the NYC Tri-state area. Most OTD prices I'm getting are around the 46.5k area. The best quote so far was from Lia Honda in Kingston, NY for ~45.2k OTD and Ray Price Honda in PA for about the same amount. I'm not in a rush at all so I'm going to hold out until end of year sales.

PS - I'm not financing or trading anything in.

Is it reasonable to ask $34,000 (base + dest) for 19' EXL w/NAV? The dealer asks $35,000 (plus some paint protection.. who needs that?) which is inline w/amount reported here.
    Not that I'm excited about 5th generation, but there is great alternatives out there either. Should we wait for 2020 model that might come with 10-speed transmission across all trims levels?
    Last edited by bori9809; 04-11-2019 at 05:26 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

So far there is no news about the 2020 model
    2016 Ody Elite Obsidian Blue Pearl
    2013 Ody Touring Elite Smoky Topaz
    2009 Ody Touring w/LazySusan
    2007 Ody Touring W/PAX

I am offered below price by a dealer in Chicagoland area. Is this a good price?

Trim: EX-L

Price Paid (base + destination): $33,265
    Price Paid (out of the door): $36,009
    Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue Pearl
    Interior Color: Gray Leather
    Add-ons (if any): none
    Date Purchased: not yet
    City: Chicago
    State: IL

Quote Originally Posted by wooby View Post
    I am offered below price by a dealer in Chicagoland area. Is this a good price?

Trim: EX-L

Price Paid (base + destination): $33,265
    You'd be 9th place out of 46 sales on the pricing spreadsheet which is pretty good.

Trim: Elite 2019 ( Built Jan 2019 )
    Price Paid (base + destination): $41,142
    Price Paid (out of the door): $43,450 ( includes TTL and below Add ons)
    Exterior Color: White
    Interior Color: Beige
    Add-ons (if any): All Season Floor Mats, Cargo Tray, splash guards, some useless paint protection package (all included in OTD Included as Part of Price Negotiation)
    Date Purchased: March end
    State: AL

I think I did okay according to this forum. Taken 1.9% rate rather than $750 finance rebate. $43450 does not include interest for 1.9%, $0 down! so, around $45600 with 1.9% interest for 60 months. Dealer told me not to tell this price to any one and he will not honor it. I am just telling you so it may help you to negotiate. Sorry, I can’t give dealer info for that reason.

By the way this forum helped on where to stop on negotiation. Spent about 30 minutes to
    negotiate at this dealer.
    Last edited by Andyp20; Yesterday at 12:05 AM.

Trim: Elite - 2019 (2/19 build date)
    Price Paid (base + destination): $42,000 (yes even)+85(docs)+30(EVR)
    Price Paid (out of the door): $48,354.66
    Exterior Color: Crystal Black Pearl
    Interior Color: Mocha
    Add-ons (if any): 417(mud flaps, wheel locks, etc package), 1980 (Honda Care 8/120 extended warranty)
    Date Purchased: 4/10/2019
    City: San Diego
    State: CA

Paid in cash - didn't take any offers.
    Last edited by NandorSanDiego; 04-15-2019 at 11:47 PM.

The dealer just want you to feel good about how much you paid and hence telling you the price should be a secret and they won't honr it. Typical stealership tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp20 View Post
    Trim: Elite 2019 ( Built Jan 2019 )
    Price Paid (base + destination): $41,142
    Price Paid (out of the door): $43,450 ( includes TTL and below Add ons)
    Interior Color: Beige
    Add-ons (if any): All Season Floor Mats, Cargo Tray, splash guards, some useless paint protection package (all included in OTD Included as Part of Price Negotiation)
    Date Purchased: March end
    State: AL

I think I did okay according to this forum. Taken 1.9% rate rather than $750 finance rebate. $43450 does not include interest for 1.9%, $0 down! so, around $45600 with 1.9% interest for 60 months. Dealer told me not to tell this price to any one and he will not honor it. I am just telling you so it may help you to negotiate. Sorry, I can’t give dealer info for that reason.

By the way this forum helped on where to stop on negotiation. Spent about 30 minutes to
    negotiate at this dealer.

This thread is very interesting. It seems that people are getting crazy good prices on Elites from the spreadsheet. In CA I had to spend about a week working on dealers to get to the 42k point and 4 dealerships flat out told me to take a walk below 43k. The data from TrueCar is also at odds with this as it shows most people paying ~44k for an Elite. I wonder what the discrepancy is.

NandorSanDiego, what dealership did you work with in SD? I'm also in the market for an EX-L so wanted to see if you had any contacts for dealers.
    Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by NandorSanDiego View Post
    Trim: Elite - 2019 (2/19 build date)
    Price Paid (base + destination): $42,000 (yes even)+85(docs)+30(EVR)
    Price Paid (out of the door): $48,354.66
    Exterior Color: Crystal Black Pearl
    Add-ons (if any): 417(mud flaps, wheel locks, etc package), 1980 (Honda Care 8/120 extended warranty)
    Date Purchased: 4/10/2019
    City: San Diego
    State: CA

Paid in cash - didn't take any offers.

Quote Originally Posted by ebhc5283 View Post
    NandorSanDiego, what dealership did you work with in SD? I'm also in the market for an EX-L so wanted to see if you had any contacts for dealers.
    Thanks in advance!!
    I worked with every dealer from here to North LA - which is why I find some of the prices on the sheet so hard to comprehend unless the people that paid the 44k prices just aren't listing their deals.

That said in the end I bought from DCH Honda in Mission Valley for one simple reason - they are closest to my house and that is where I will be servicing the car and they agreed to the price I wanted to pay.

El Cajon told me to take a hike under 43k same with Poway.

Chula Vista was willing to do the same deal but I don't live near them. The big Super Stores in LA were not willing to go under 43k except for Honda of Pasadena who was willing to go to 41,695 but they had some pre-applied packages that I would have had to buy which would have brought us right back to 42k. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more or if you want a shopping buddy (I love car shopping and haggling - I know I'm a weirdo )

Pulled the trigger on a 2019 Elite. I live in North NJ and drove up to NY for the best deal I could find.

Trim: Elite
    Price Paid (base + destination): $42,848
    Price Paid (out of the door): $46,134.23 (~2,800 tax, $350 DMV fees, $75 doc fee)
    Add-ons (if any): Chrome roof rails, cross bars ($0 - negotiated as part of OTD)
    Date Purchased: 4/13
    City: Kingston
    State:NY

16. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536