What did you learn or discover about your Odyssey today? - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What did you learn or discover about your Odyssey today?

I realized my first 8 months were way more reliable than expected from the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Onearmedmidget View Post
    I realized my first 8 months were way more reliable than expected from the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    awesome. Enjoy your ride

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong TO View Post
    it stays in accessory mode, the battery will drain.
    I don't think the battery will drain. It shuts off completely when I open the driver door.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by miller.2920 View Post
    As warmer weather moves in, I am looking forward to using the key fob tranmitter to open all windows and sunroof to vent the heat before getting into the vehicle.
    Is there no way to close all windows/roof from the remote?

Quote Originally Posted by slavdok View Post
    I think that is correct. As convenient as that would be, I believe express close all feature was designed to only function with the physical key inserted (twist & hold) in the driver's door as a safety precaution to ensure that the user is at the car and able to see all windows as they close (just in case).

I am OK with that but if each window has an automatic safety stop feature for when it senses resistance, wouldn't that address the potential safety issue of express closing everything via key fob transmitter?

Quote Originally Posted by miller.2920 View Post
    I think that is correct. As convenient as that would be, I believe express close all feature was designed to only function with the physical key inserted (twist & hold) in the driver's door as a safety precaution to ensure that the user is at the car and able to see all windows as they close (just in case).

I am OK with that but if each window has an automatic safety stop feature for when it senses resistance, wouldn't that address the potential safety issue of express closing everything via key fob transmitter?
    i just tried. It doesn't have any resistant safety stop when closing the windows

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstar View Post
    i just tried. It doesn't have any resistant safety stop when closing the windows
    With that being the case, I'd say it's a safe bet that is why they designed express all up to only work with key in door to avoid potential injury. I think it makes sense, in my opinion.

I'm not a sunroof fan so I wasn't using this feature. I've now pulled the sunroof fuse so it never opens and find the open all windows feature handy.

There are several options for the auto lock not to lock the doors and arm. Don't turn off the vehicle, keep it in accessory, keep one of the side doors open while you walk away. you can also temp disable it, when you open your door to leave push lock,unlock,lock, unlock, it will reset the next time you start the van, we just never turn the van off, either its to hot or to cold and one of the kids always stays in the van.
    2019 Honda Odyssey Touring , white

Well, this is weird. The other day I found this feature: when I stopped driving, I'd unbuckle my seatbealt and car would automatically engage the emergency brake. I could reliably reproduce it every time. However something changed now... it doesn't do that anymore? Any knows what I am talking about?

Just learned that you can't adjust the seats using the Memory buttons (Position 1 or 2) when driving!

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLikeVan View Post
    Just learned that you can't adjust the seats using the Memory buttons (Position 1 or 2) when driving!
    Well that makes sense though. You can do adjustments to the seat position while driving however, which is nice when I want to move my seat just a tad back for those long drives.

Well, this is weird. The other day I found this feature: when I stopped driving, I'd unbuckle my seatbealt and car would automatically engage the emergency brake. I could reliably reproduce it every time. However something changed now... it doesn't do that anymore? Any knows what I am talking about?
    Sounds like the Electronic Emergency Brake feature. Info found here:
    https://owners.honda.com/utility/dow...Brake_Hold.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by cyphon21 View Post
    Well that makes sense though. You can do adjustments to the seat position while driving however, which is nice when I want to move my seat just a tad back for those long drives.
    But it doesn't make sense! :P At least not like the 'safety' of locking out the navigation when driving (even though a passenger could be operating it).
    Let's say i do move my seat back a tad, and maybe adjust angle, etc during a long trip and I want to go back to my setting. Now I have to undo my adjustments manually vs just holding the button.

Honestly it's just a quirk, or a minor inconvenience at most.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLikeVan View Post
    But it doesn't make sense! :P At least not like the 'safety' of locking out the navigation when driving (even though a passenger could be operating it).
    Let's say i do move my seat back a tad, and maybe adjust angle, etc during a long trip and I want to go back to my setting. Now I have to undo my adjustments manually vs just holding the button.

Honestly it's just a quirk, or a minor inconvenience at most.
    I can see from that perspective, however we should be happy they don't lock out ALL movements while driving . Could be worse!

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast