Does Elite's cordless phone charing work?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Does Elite's cordless phone charing work?

Does Elite's cordless phone charing work?

I finally got a phone with cordless charging capability (iPhone XR). I tried to charge the phone on the my 18 ODY cordless charger spot and it appears to not doing anything. Anyone had experience with that? Is there some switch I need to turn on?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Check settings > Vehicle > Wireless Charging

And make sure it’s enabled.

Place phone on the mat and a little
    Green led should turn on on the left side of the mat next to the driver seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phone has to be in the middle of the mat. There is only one set of charging coils and they are in the center of the mat. As I drive mine phone tends to slide around and the green light turns off if the phone meets the edge of the mat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

You might also try it with your iPhone out of any cases for testing. It might be the case you have on it causing an issue.

Thank you folks. Will give it a try with all the helps above.

I disabled the cordless charging function on my 19 Elite. My Galaxy 9+ was getting very hot. It doesn't get as hot when just charging through the jack. And as others have said, the phone had to be just in the right spot. To use Waze through Android Auto, I have to have the phone connected through the cord anyway.

It's optimal for charging a second phone - that is, one which isn't powering Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.
    We don't have a problem with my iPhone 8 Plus nor my wife's iPhone Xs. It just has to be in the right spot on the mat.
    Also be careful of other metal - that can cause phones to get hot.
    Cases which have metal flakes can cause heat, as well.
    And it clearly doesn't go through Pop Sockets or other things.

My wife's Galaxy S9 charges fine every time, my iPhone 8 does not charge most of the time unfortunately, regardless of a case being attached or the position of the phone on the pad. I realized that it sometimes works when I restart the phone and then place it on the mat. I stopped using the mat for my iPhone and use a cable instead. I think it's something about iPhones because I've read this in forums before, and it's typically not an Android user complaining.

Though I love the wireless charging on my Galaxy S5 (aftermarket add-on) in my office, it is a bit difficult in the car. It works, but takes its sweet A$$ time. Honestly, I use the Android Auto when I drive, so it charges via the cable.

One thing to be aware of is this. A lot of folks have a case and sometimes they leave their credit cards or other metallic objects behind the phone. Though the phone would charge, the items that contain metal will get real hot. This past weekend I was eating a Chik-Fila sandwich and accidently placed the wrapper and sandwich on the charging pad and moments later noticed the charge light on and the wrapper hot.
    - 2019 Elite w/Security Package | White Diamond Pearl | BD: 07/2018

I have iPhone in a Spigen case with stand and it works fine on the wireless charger

Cordless charger and the auto wipers are the most useless features

I charge an iPhone X, iPhone 8 and Pixel 3 with no issues.

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements