probably a longshot, but audio input mixing?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: probably a longshot, but audio input mixing?

Question probably a longshot, but audio input mixing?

My phone connects to the infotainment system via bluetooth which is great. However, I am on the SiriusXM input 99% of the time. Because of that, I miss all the beeps and boops of incoming message notifications, emails, waze directions (I prefer running waze on my phone and SiriusXM on the car), and anything else my phone is trying to tell me. It all gets sent to the bluetooth input, which if you're not currently on, you don't hear.

Because of that, what I would really love is a way to mix the audio from the bluetooth input into all other inputs. So if I'm listening to SiriusXM and I get a messenger ding on my phone, I'll hear it through the speakers. Same for FM, Aux, etc. I want to always hear my phone regardless of what input I am on.

Is this possible? I'm thinking probably not, but maybe there's some buried menu option somewhere.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

In the bluetooth settings on my Galaxy 8, there's an option to sync ringtone volume you have to turn on. Unfortunately it might be sporadic depending on what apps you have running. For example, I use Amazon Prime Music and I don't always get the notification sounds, however phone calls always come through.

Download the SirusXM app to your phone and play music that way. Then all the alerts will come through Bluetooth.

Also if you aren’t in Bluetooth in the van you could just turn Bluetooth off on your phone so it will play the alerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
    In the bluetooth settings on my Galaxy 8, there's an option to sync ringtone volume you have to turn on. Unfortunately it might be sporadic depending on what apps you have running. For example, I use Amazon Prime Music and I don't always get the notification sounds, however phone calls always come through.
    When I try and turn on Ringtone sync it tells me "Not supported because Android Auto installed".

Quote Originally Posted by cspring View Post
    Download the SirusXM app to your phone and play music that way. Then all the alerts will come through Bluetooth.

Also if you aren’t in Bluetooth in the van you could just turn Bluetooth off on your phone so it will play the alerts.
    I have the SiriusXM app and don't want to use it in the car because the app is a piece of garbage. It crashes all the time, plus I like to be able to quickly switch channels with the button on the steering wheel, not have to go unlocking my phone and navigating channels every time. I only listen to news/talk radio and have no patience for commercials, so I change channels a lot.

And I want Bluetooth on for when I get phone calls.

I don't think you can do what you are saying unless you use Android Auto, but then you can't use SiriusXM on the infotainment system. However, depending on your phone, you can go into the Bluetooth settings and turn off everything except phone calls. For example, on my phone, I have options for phone calls, media audio, HD audio, etc. This way, everything will still work on your phone except phone calls, which will go through blutetooth. Also, for Waze specifically, you can go into the app settings and select "play sound to phone speaker", so you will hear your navigation directions/alerts.
    2019 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L w/ Nav-RES
    OEM All-Weather Floor Mats / LEDs: Headlight, Foglight, Reverse, all interior
    Coming Soon - Tinted front windows / Dipped: Tailgate chrome trim, Front grill

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    When I try and turn on Ringtone sync it tells me "Not supported because Android Auto installed".

I have the SiriusXM app and don't want to use it in the car because the app is a piece of garbage. It crashes all the time, plus I like to be able to quickly switch channels with the button on the steering wheel, not have to go unlocking my phone and navigating channels every time. I only listen to news/talk radio and have no patience for commercials, so I change channels a lot.

And I want Bluetooth on for when I get phone calls.
    It sounds like you need to let corporate Honda know if this issue you are having so they c an approach their development team with it. It probably won’t get added to a future update but it at least let’s them know what the people want. Who knows, there may have already been a lot of people who requested this same feature like you are describing and they are just waiting for enough mass to request it to be added before they go ahead with a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sicksix View Post
    I don't think you can do what you are saying unless you use Android Auto, but then you can't use SiriusXM on the infotainment system.
    Hmm, is that true? I use Android Auto every time I'm in the car, and most of the time I play music from my phone (as well as get whatever calls, etc. through the car's system with no issues). But even with my phone connected to the infotainment system via the same USB/Android Auto plug, I can play other music sources like AM & FM radio and still make/receive calls through the car's system. I don't subscribe to SiriusXM but I'd imagine it's the same for that as it is for FM radio, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chembro303 View Post
    Hmm, is that true? I use Android Auto every time I'm in the car, and most of the time I play music from my phone (as well as get whatever calls, etc. through the car's system with no issues). But even with my phone connected to the infotainment system via the same USB/Android Auto plug, I can play other music sources like AM & FM radio and still make/receive calls through the car's system. I don't subscribe to SiriusXM but I'd imagine it's the same for that as it is for FM radio, right?
    yes, you are correct, but OP was asking if all of his phone's sounds (notifications, phone calls, etc) could come through the vehicle speakers. I don't think that is possible, so I offered an alternative of having all phone sounds still come through the phone instead of Bluetooth, with the exception of phone calls.
    2019 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L w/ Nav-RES
    OEM All-Weather Floor Mats / LEDs: Headlight, Foglight, Reverse, all interior
    Coming Soon - Tinted front windows / Dipped: Tailgate chrome trim, Front grill

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements