2019 Odyssey EX-L Has Camber Out of Specification With No Adjustment - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Odyssey EX-L Has Camber Out of Specification With No Adjustment

Why not just lemon law it and be done with it? Take it in three times to fix alignment and then they’ll buy it back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Shopkins1994

The Honda corporate engineer converted the -1.5 degrees of rear driver camber into a decimal form and said that performing this conversion demonstrates that the camber is within HONDA design specifications.

There obviously is a huge response from owners on this issue and the lawyers and engineers have joined together to formulate this rebuttal to STOP owners from slapping a lemon law case on them.

I'm not wasting the time nor the money on a Lemon Law case. It's cheaper to trade and send the headaches on to someone else if I get saturated and jaded enough.

I am ranting about this and many many other issues on here so I can bring to light how SHi***
    Honda quality has become after owning and performing heavy maintenance and repairs on all my Honda Acura's over the years.

They read these forums but will not change unless ppl speak with their dollars or legal advisors. I'm sounding off the alarms.

When I've had out of camber (different vehicle) it was bad struts. However, the OEM struts should last much longer than 60K, unless you drive in Detroit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Triaque View Post
    Pjones

Yes. The dealer service manager has placed this issue with Honda corporate to let them pose a solution. Let the part swapping and my personal time wasting continue along with the loss of use and enjoyment of the vehicle. There is a set of costs with all this that cannot be quantified. This is why you see ppl on here saying they sold or traded their new odyssey.

My concern for you is if you were taking their word as gold when they told you there was nothing they could do for you. They would have been taking advantage of you and that is not right. Since it is your decision to go the route that you are then I can respect that decision, and I definitely understand the frustration that goes along with repeated returns and your desire to avoid that.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is terrible engineering from a company that supposedly has great engineering!
    2014 Silver Elite

Past
    2001 Ody EX
    2004 Ody EX NAV
    2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2011 Ody Elite

OdyDuty

You're telling me!!!

After 40 years of Hondas the answer I received back from the engineer in Torrance CA was that after converting the -1.5 degrees of camber over to decimal format....the reading is within their acceptable tolerance and they aren't going to do anything about it. Math doesn't lie. All he did was make a conversion to mask that it is out of specification by changing the precision formatting of the number. In other words. It's a big fat lie.

Heck, after 25 years of chrysler minivans, I thought Honda would be an upgrade.
    With issues I read on here about the newer Odyssey, I won't be buying another. Mine has cost me enough & it's a 2007.
    Back to Chrysler on my next purchase. IMHO, Honda seems to have gone to the dogs.

LuckDog16
    Yes. Honda quality that was what made the brand what it is is GONE. Do not buy any vehicles from Honda Acura right now. There are serious issues and I personally have gotten NOWHERE with Corporate nor the service manager. All issues are design and quality issues that corporate must supply the solutions for. I paid 37k for a vehicle with 16 issues that have no resolution in sight and when I call the corporate number for support their attitude is just to point you back to the service department of the regional rep. The service department and regional rep either concocts a legal rebuttal to justify why your "problem/complaint" is not a problem at all according to unpublished Honda specifications OR. simply shrug/brush you off and say they see no issue or cannot replicate the effects.

Total BS. Can't wait on a class action. I'm in.

Triaque,
    Can u initiate a suit on your own?
    My wife owns a 2003 pilot with 100k miles on it. We bought it with 32 k on it in '06. We have had exactly 0.0 (zero) issues with it. Over 13 years, we have put general maintenance & some superficial body reconditioning, minor paint & scratch repair into the vehicle totalling just under 2k usd.

This vehicle is what Honda Was & has fallen from.
    We all are finding that reputation means everything to consumers but this company has issues now that hopefully will bring them down to see how wrong they are.

We both are scratching are heads that u cannot get any satisfaction. It is ridiculous & wrong.
    Wishing u luck in this matter. Please keep us posted.

I went around and around with the Toyota dealer on this same issue. Complained to corporate. They would not correct. My right rear on my Corolla was out of THEIR spec. Manufacturers and dealers should be forced to fix this problem. Another rip-off is the "four-wheel alignment". The only thing that can be set it toe. Truth be told, you do not get a four wheel alignment for a set charge. If the company did correct the alignment it could cost hundred if not thousands of $$ not the $89.99 special.

First thing I do when I buy a new car is have it aligned before I take possession. Every time, the alignment is off. Tell the dealer you want the before and after readings BEFORE they do the alignment. If the car is out of spec, cancel the purchase as the car is defective.

Jaded,
    So Toyota is no different. We were thinking of a Sienna rather than going back to mopar. Wonder how these manufacturers get away with this crap??? :-\

I say screw them all...just walk!

This is what happens when they let millennials design cars, they focus of silly things like cabin watch (that doesn't work anyway) instead of engineering the suspension so that they don't have to weld the adjustment nut!
    2014 Silver Elite

Past
    2001 Ody EX
    2004 Ody EX NAV
    2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
    2011 Ody Elite

I couldn't agree more, OdyDudy!!

I'm a hobby keyboardist and play mainly Yamaha pianos and synths. I had a friend who visited the Yamaha plant in Japan in the early 80s. He accidentally stumbled on a large room while getting lost trying to find the washroom. In that room, there were dozens of organs, pianos, keyboards, and synths from every other manufacturer and from every model year dating back to the early 60s. It was the old trick where the Japanese take apart the competitions' products, improve on all their mistakes, and then sell them as superior products to North Americans.

Honda did that same thing in the early 70s. They had the American car makers in a total panic because Honda was not only producing superior cars but also more fuel efficient cars in the midst of the 70s so-called "energy crisis." I believe the only flaw they had back then was an early rusting problem. Toyota, Datsun, and Honda suffered from that commonality.

Fast forward to today. The U.S. is designing and building the Honda. Don't get me wrong. I've traveled a fair amount in the U.S. The people have been nothing but courteous and accommodating. There has also been some damn fine products come out of U.S. designers and builders. As for Honda, has the milk been soured? It's as though they are committing corporate suicide with these new breeds of Odysseys!!

My apologies to the OP for drifting off topic , but do I smell a class action lawsuit coming to Honda in the next few months? The caster-camber problem is certainly a safety issue. And then there's the stupid, noisy 9-speed. Mine often behaves like it has a hangover!
    2018 Odyssey EX with a rattle noise on acceleration. So far, Honda Corp has told me to drop dead three times. Can't wait to hear their fourth reply.
    Honda can't afford to give me a $2 compass like every other car out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodna View Post

My apologies to the OP for drifting off topic , but do I smell a class action lawsuit coming to Honda in the next few months? The caster-camber problem is certainly a safety issue. And then there's the stupid, noisy 9-speed. Mine often behaves like it has a hangover!
    There was one recently posted regarding the faulty cabin watch and RES system. I don’t recall exactly what here’s it was in. Doesn’t look like Canadians are able to jump on that bandwagon though, I guess we need to start our own lawsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast