How to remove headlight assembly?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: How to remove headlight assembly?

How to remove headlight assembly?

A rock has broken our 2018 Honda Oddysey's headlight and I am looking to replace it. I know I have to remove the black plastic cover right above the hood latch, as well as the bolts holding the light on above the headlight---but what else needs removing to take out the headlight assembly? I have not been able to find any videos or manuals talking about the procedure/instructions on doing this...Any help would be greatly appreciated?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I've got a 2000 and just replaced both headlights a week ago. The top plastic cover first as you mentioned, then the grill and then the front bumper. Front bumper has to come off to get to the 3 bolts holding the light on. I can't see Honda coming up with a totally different procedure for your newer Honda, by at least it gives you a heads up on what is involved.
    2000 Odyssey EX

Top plastic, bottom splash shield in many cases, and the front bumper. Once that's off it's pretty easy.
    2008 Odyssey Touring-Silver
    2011 VW Jetta SE-Black-Totaled
    2012 VW Passat-Black
    2002 GMC Sierra SLT LB Z71-Red
    1998 Nissan 200SX SE-Blue

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by camoblizz20 View Post
    A rock has broken our 2018 Honda Oddysey's headlight and I am looking to replace it. I know I have to remove the black plastic cover right above the hood latch, as well as the bolts holding the light on above the headlight---but what else needs removing to take out the headlight assembly? I have not been able to find any videos or manuals talking about the procedure/instructions on doing this...Any help would be greatly appreciated?
    I hope you got warranty. OEM head light is almost $800

Quote Originally Posted by vinit1102 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camoblizz20 View Post
    I hope you got warranty. OEM head light is almost $800
    If it was a warranty job he wouldn't be doing it himself. Rock damage is usually considered environmental and not covered by the warranty. The OP is probably also avoiding an insurance claim so an independent fix is the only option left.
    Last edited by CroMath; Yesterday at 11:49 PM.
    2015 EX - Shear Comfort seat covers, Husky Liners floor liners, OEM cargo liner, S-VCM, Street Guardian dashcam, Lubegard Red

There is no contradiction in having a soft heart and a hard mind.

That must of been a big rock. Any pictures?

Front bumper has to come off to replace the headlights.
    2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Driven in "Mexico"
    2017 Honda Odyssey TE - Voided warranty before delivery

DIYs & Automotive Content: Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements