2018 Elite Shudders at High Speed Braking, Aftermarket Rotors?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2018 Elite Shudders at High Speed Braking, Aftermarket Rotors?

2018 Elite Shudders at High Speed Braking, Aftermarket Rotors?

I have a 2018 Elite with 15k miles and the van has already started vibrating when braking down hill or at highway speeds. I know this was a common issue with previous Odysseys but it sucks that it is happening so soon - dealer says its a wear and tear item so it's not covered under warranty. I'm thinking of changing out the front pads and rotors to aftermarket ones and I have a couple questions.

Anyone have an experience with aftermarket rotors and pads for the 2018+ Odysseys?

Is the process similar to the older models? I'm not super handy with cars but I've been watching youtube videos of brake jobs from previous model years and it seems pretty simple.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I got them to cover mine at 15,000kms after yelling and screaming at dealer and calling Honda, they are **** rotors for the vehicle size/weight, twice the emergency breaking kicked in and that happened. Next time I will put in brembo blanks if they come in right size. People said they should work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the same method to replace the pads and rotors.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

just have them machined

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care

I dont want to keep having the rotors resurfaced every 15k miles so I am hoping that aftermarket rotors and pads will hold up better.

Warped rotors at 15,000 km is utter bull***! I don't care if you've been towing to the max limits set by Honda. On today's cars, 15,000 km is a walk around the block - unless the company who produced the car was thinking more about economics than quality, which we have become accustomed to.

I'd DEMAND new and better rotors. That's a bunch of crap - "wear item" at 15,000 km. Really????????
    2018 Odyssey EX, that still has a rattly transmission. Honda says I can't have a compass, and to stop being so cheap and buy a cell phone with a data plan!!

9. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements