Braun Mobility recall.......*sigh*....
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braun Mobility recall.......*sigh*....

Braun Mobility recall.......*sigh*....

Braun Mobility recall.......*sigh*....-2756b5e1-c29b-49e5-8e31-f263623749bd.jpeg

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I kind of read that as some other company doing modifications to the Odyssey to install a wheelchair lift and it not being done properly. To me, does not seem to be Honda’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by buildabear View Post
    I kind of read that as some other company doing modifications to the Odyssey to install a wheelchair lift and it not being done properly. To me, does not seem to be Honda’s fault.

Yea, that’s how it was discovered. However, as I read it on the NHTSA website, we all have the same speed sensors, hence, the recall applies.

Like most recalls, it’s not usually the manufacturer, but some part that they use during the build.

In any event.....this is like the 4th on my 2018...and that doesn’t even count the timing belt issue, as that doesn’t show as a recall for my VIN......yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Umm...doesn't it only apply to the modified wheelchair vans??

Looks to me like nothing is wrong with Honda’s equipment, it’s the aftermarket wiring harness that was manufactured or installed incorrectly and requires the repair. They aren’t replacing any parts, just rewiring the existing wiring harnesses supplied with the wheelchair ramp.

The fact that Honda is using sub-standard or faulty third party products MAKES it their fault. Honda needs to be more vigilant in screening its supply chain. There are no doubt, great third party products out there, however, economics is always the final yardstick. If Honda uses a better quality part, they may not be able to pass that extra cost to us and maintain a competitive stance in the market.

I imagine they are in a constant balancing act, governed 100 percent by economics and not customer satisfaction. If the reverse were true, we wouldn't be having these issues, which seem endless at the moment.
    2018 Odyssey EX, that still has a rattly transmission. Honda says I can't have a compass, and to stop being so cheap and buy a cell phone with a data plan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodna View Post
    The fact that Honda is using sub-standard or faulty third party products MAKES it their fault. Honda needs to be more vigilant in screening its supply chain. There are no doubt, great third party products out there, however, economics is always the final yardstick. If Honda uses a better quality part, they may not be able to pass that extra cost to us and maintain a competitive stance in the market.

I imagine they are in a constant balancing act, governed 100 percent by economics and not customer satisfaction. If the reverse were true, we wouldn't be having these issues, which seem endless at the moment.
    Still read the recall as being the fault of the manufacturer who mods the van for the wheelchairs. They (not Honda) put the wheel sensor back on the wrong wheels. Nothing faulty (yet) that Honda did (in regard to this specific issue).

You're probably right on that one, buildabear . However, there are still several other examples of questionable suppliers.
    2018 Odyssey EX, that still has a rattly transmission. Honda says I can't have a compass, and to stop being so cheap and buy a cell phone with a data plan!!

This is a Braun Mobility recall. Nothing to do with the non-modified models. Moving along...

Quote Originally Posted by boston_pilot View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2756B5E1-C29B-49E5-8E31-F263623749BD.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	583.9 KB 
ID:	147655
    please update your headlines. People get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pulseps View Post
    please update your headlines. People get confused.
    Fixed title. I agree that people get confused.

Given that it is NOT a Honda recall (Honda recall notices are completely different and have Honda logos), I modified the title to Braun Mobility recall.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

2001 Emerald Green Pearl Accord V6-LX (Replaced the POS Taurus) ... Hers ...
    ..... Tranny replaced 6/4/08 @ 67,977 miles.
    ..... Tranny strarted slipping only 8,414 miles after the replacemnt.
    ..... 2nd tranny replacement 9/21/2009 @ 76,659 miles.
    1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

alexmish1's Hidden Content

How bout not editing my posts? You could just ask the OP....me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Pilot View Post
    How you gonna change it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
    How you gonna change it yourself?
    Good question.
    When I use this smilie ===> Hidden Content I am NOT calling you stupid. Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the Hidden Content .

2007 EX-L R&N, Slate Green with Olive (couldn't muster up the courage to trade my 1999 baby) ... Ours

1999 Sterling Mist Nissan Maxima SE with Bose and 6 Disc CD Changer in the trunk ... All Mine

1993 Maroon Ford Taurus GL (Was a POS after the clock turned 60K Miles) ... Traded for the Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Pilot View Post
    How about not sensationalizing the titles from the get go? I am pretty sure you knew this was not a Honda recall. Plus, like Ranger says, you cannot change your post(s). Try it.

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast