2019 EX-L Purchase and Recall Questions
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: 2019 EX-L Purchase and Recall Questions

2019 EX-L Purchase and Recall Questions

May finally go and buy the 2019 EX-L this weekend. Question, have the recalls already been performed? Or do I just come back at a later date after the purchase? I feel like they should do all the recall work before I drive it off the lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dimabear View Post
    May finally go and buy the 2019 EX-L this weekend. Question, have the recalls already been performed? Or do I just come back at a later date after the purchase? I feel like they should do all the recall work before I drive it off the lot
    They should have completed any applicable recalls before delivery. You can check your VIN here:

https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

Hi Dimabear,

When you car arrives (or if you're buying it off the lot), before you sign on the bottom line, ask to take the car out for one more "final test drive" and look for the following things:

• Rattles - you'll likely hear a rattle on acceleration because you bought the 9-speed. Turn the car back in and tell them the deal is off unless they can fix the rattle. If they do fix it, let us all know what they did because Honda Corp refuses to listen to any of us!!
    • Buzzes - report them
    • Build quality - go over the entire vehicle and look for uneven gaps in body panels, Make sure all doors close easily. Check the carpets. My second row carpet was 1 inch too short. The built quality has been total crap since 2018s were built in Alabama.
    • Paint - make sure all folded body parts are thoroughly painted. There's been a lot of piss poor paint jobs on these cars.
    • Shifting - make sure the car shifts smoothly. You may need the car for a half a day. So be it.
    • Electronics - make sure all the toys work inside under all conditions and consistently.
    • Second row seats - if you ever have to remove a seat, try doing do before you sign. See how much of a royal pain it is to store the damn things too!
    • Rear floor - if you need the entire rear floor for large cargo, make sure you can live with a floor that changes elevation as much as the Rockies. There's nothing flat about it. The sled for the second row sticks up about 5 inches, and the third row seat sticks up about 2 inches. and then there is a huge drop in the middle. Several people with larger dog cages have noted how inconvenient and unsafe it is to bring their dogs along for the ride.

If any of these issues are present, don't buy it. Look at another brand. Don't buy it just because "it's a Honda." That philosophy doesn't apply anymore. You're just buying another American car, which can either be good or bad. Just my 2 cents worth, after fighting and getting nowhere with Honda Corp for two years.
    2018 Odyssey EX, that still has a rattly transmission. Honda says I can't have a compass, and to stop being so cheap and buy a cell phone with a data plan!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

This is very helpful. Thank you.

Almost pulled the trigger and bought an EX-L today. I didn't hear any rattles, VIN checked out, shifting was smooth, no buzzes. What changed my mind was the front bumper. On the left side where it meets the side panel, it seemed like maybe 1-2mm off. You could visibly see it wasn't even, and when you ran your finger across the front bumper to the side panel, you could feel the difference in alignment. For example, the left side of the bumper was about 1-2mm 'lower' than the side panel, whereas the right side of the bumper was 1-2mm 'higher' than the right side panel. Some cars on the lot also had this issue, while some cars were perfectly smooth.

I brought this up with the salesman and he acknowledged the difference and assured there's nothing wrong w/ the car, it came like that from the factory.

I brought this up with the salesman and he acknowledged the difference and assured there's nothing wrong w/ the car, it came like that from the factory.
    Of course there's nothing wrong with the car because it's just a cosmetic glitch. What is wrong is you forking over $45,000 for crappy build quality. Tell him that!
    2018 Odyssey EX, that still has a rattly transmission. Honda says I can't have a compass, and to stop being so cheap and buy a cell phone with a data plan!!

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements