how to DIY tail light?
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: how to DIY tail light?

how to DIY tail light?

i cant find any guides for this gen, please help! how do i get the trim off etc. its tho one thats on the tail gatehow to DIY tail light?-2019-05-15-11_37_25-document1-microsoft-word.jpg
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WKZO102062XX034/Desktop/2019-05-15%2011_37_25-Document1%20-%20Microsoft%20Word.jpg[/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Remove interior trim, remove chrome trim (4 nuts) from inside, then remove light housing

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Are there good quality rear brake light led bulbs available that are bright and someone has tried them and like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

No bulb In the pictured housing just an led., you can buy brighter bulbs for the brake light

i see the little panel inside hatch, do I need to take off more than that? plenty of vids on prev gen but none for new gen I can find!
    someone suggested this : TSB #09-080 - Water in the Inner Taillights in the Tailgate but again this is prev gen!!!
    Last edited by scotttheobgyn; 05-15-2019 at 12:10 PM.

The whole cover has to come off the tail gate the screws not accessible from the tiny hole, it is however you have to start from the top and remove each piece as the clips are hidden under the previous piece of trim. So very top, remove, remove two hidden push wedge type clip, remove sides, going around the window. Also when removing the chrome trim you have to disconnect the camera when it is hanging from the removed chrome piece as it is unlikely you can reach from the inside

You will need an extension to get to the tiny nuts as they will be really far behind the sheet metal brace for the chrome piece

hmm ok sounds a bit tuffer than I thought. last gen instructions were easy! the stealer wasnts 342 to do it, that's nuts. maybe I could buy part (found it for $90) and have body shop do it for 1 hour labor?

If you wait a day I'll throw a video on youtube, on how to remove it. Plastic trim comes off in less then 5 mind and with the correct tools chrome be off in 5 also

thanks NOvaLIght! I have good tools am pretty sure I have right socket extension etc!

well i pulled the trim off a bit just to try, it seems farily similar to the prev gen ( which has tons of videos to watch), gotta pop out the tailgate handle/button too. I am hoping once i get trim off it will be easy to see which bolts to un-do!

Not the greatest video

No narration hut you should get the idea, I've pointed out most of the screws out but may have missed some

15. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements