Handsfree issues need help
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: Handsfree issues need help

Handsfree issues need help

Since I bought my 2019 Touring in Feb the handfree has been very bad reception wise. It does it no matter what phone is used the drive can hear the them but the caller hears the call broken up very badly. We have also had issues with the Sirius freezing and not changing either by the touch screen or the steering wheel controls. We have had it to the dealership 3 times for it and they keep telling us it is normal because a line of code may be bad. That is not an acceptable answer to me do anyone else have this issue or know what they need to do to fix it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Ours works fine. My parents even have conversations with our
    soft spoken daughter who sits in the middle row.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a possible fix or know if a bulletin has been issued that would affect that.

I use an iPhone 6 and my wife an android of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have choppy audio on phone calls, the other person who is not in the vehicle can’t hear well. No matter what phone I used (all iPhones)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pandruzzi View Post
    Since I bought my 2019 Touring in Feb the handfree has been very bad reception wise. It does it no matter what phone is used the drive can hear the them but the caller hears the call broken up very badly. We have also had issues with the Sirius freezing and not changing either by the touch screen or the steering wheel controls. We have had it to the dealership 3 times for it and they keep telling us it is normal because a line of code may be bad. That is not an acceptable answer to me do anyone else have this issue or know what they need to do to fix it?
    Just thinking, perhaps the antennae is bad or has bad connection at antennae or at the display, if antennae is bad the dealer should replace it. It also could have a bad ground for the antennae as well. If you have a VOM (VOLT-OHM Meter) it would be a great way to check it.

They already replaced the antenna. The last time it was in the service manager tried to tell me it must be a bad line of code and the van has more code than the F-22. I laughed at his last comment I fly for the Navy and know that was definitely not true. Regardless the problems we are having since day one are not what I expect from Honda especially wit the price of these vans anymore.

I've had lots of issues with my 2018 Touring but the problem you describe is not among them (yet at least). Seems to me it almost has to be a bad connection somewhere along the line but twisting arms to get someone to properly diagnosis it is always a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by pandruzzi View Post
    I had the same issue. I emailed a complain to honda and a technical guy called me. And basically told me to delete/disconnect my phone from the infotainment system and reconnect. Its weird but it did solve the issue

Who did you email? I have disconnected all phones and they did complete factory reset and it didn't work.

11. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements