Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Pull to the right

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jackson 
#1 ·
We've got a '02 Oddy EXL that pulls to the right. It's done this since we got it in June. The dealer has tried alignments which helped slightly but not completely. I've noticed the same complaint on this and others websites. How prevalent is this problem? How have your dealers responded? Has AHM made any comments on this?
I'm hoping for a little evidence to force the dealer to get to the bottom of this. Other than this problem it's been a good vehicle.

TIA, Oddish

#2 · (Edited)
They probably need to perform bulletin no. 00-067 which shifts the right sub-frame. And then they will re-align if after that fix

I had that on my 2000 Odyssey, and they tried alignments, etc. Kept playing dumb until I went armed with the bulletin.

Then they said Honda wouldn't authorize the fix since I hadn't rotated my tires yet. I told them to look at the history, and the would see I'd been reporting the problem since 5000 miles. I called Honda headquarters and basically told them that's a load of bull, I only had 15,000 miles on the car. I told them I had now rotated the tires and gee, what do you know, it still does it. After that they fixed it. But if you haven't rotated your tires yet, and you have over 7500 miles, rotate them so they can't play that game with you.

Good luck, don't let them tell you it's nothing, they haven't heard of these problems, etc. The bulletin has been out for a few years now.

You'd think by now the newer models would have this problem corrected during assembly--unless it's a whole new problem.

#3 ·
"...How prevalent is this problem?" There are many threads here about this problem.
Try this link to get a copy of Service Bulletin 00-067. http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/drift.pdf

The dealer will listen better with a copy of the bulletin in your hand. Also, make sure you get a printout of the alignment before and after any adjustments. You will have to ask for this before and after your vehicle is fixed as the dealer will often forget. The alignment print out will be a separate sheet with your vehicle's measurements and a range of acceptable measurements. You do not want some setting out of acceptable range. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.