I am painting my ody yellow for LEMON
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: I am painting my ody yellow for LEMON

Angry I am painting my ody yellow for LEMON

Just returned home and was cleaning bugs off windshield and guess what ANOTHER PROBLEM: The weather stripping around the whole top of the windshield is all bubbled up. SWEET. Every
    ___________ day it is something new and I kid you not. I have the famous left pull, passenger air bag light flashes off and on, speakers have static, back vent fell apart when my daughter touched it, and the most annoying of all the sliding doors rattle like NO OTHER! I am fed up. Anyone who brags up Honda quality to me is likely to get a bop on the noggin. I certainly think we can expect more for a cool $28,500. I can't believe how many of you accept the fact that you have to "grease up your sliding doors" every month. I just rode in my sister's 10 yr old van and not a rattle to be heard from the doors. I traded in a 2000 Mercury Villager because of the annoying rattles and I have to say the Ody rattles are much worse! I don't even know where to begin to complain because I am sure, like with the Villager, they just run you around in circles.

P.S. I have only had my 2003 RRP for 2 months.
    No, we really don't still use horses and buggies in North Dakota.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I know you're really p***ed, but FWIW I was sure my '99 Odys doors had finally started rattling last year. I thought, "not too bad, it took 3 years to start'. Then after reading posts here at OdyClub I learned to check on the spare tire and sure enough the wing-nut had worked loose. Before that, it sounded like everything from doors to the muffler rattling. I fixed all my rattles in 30 seconds and it hasn't happened again.

Maybe worth a look?

Angry

You know, it's hard for me to keep quiet here. How dare you say that I'm going to get a bop on the noggin if I brag about my Ody. I brag about it all the time. I've had NONE of the problems you talk about. Sorry you got a lemon, but that's life. You people that have problems think that all of our Ody's are like yours. All I can say is, maybe you should start driving horses and buggies. Oh yeah, I've never had to grease my sliding doors. I'm sorry if I'm coming across angry, and I know it's only a van, but why does everyone expect a Honda to be "perfect?" And good luck finding a perfect vehicle, 'cause it 'aint gonna happen.
    Dave, DOD T-38 Mechanic Lead, Edwards AFB, CA.
    Michigan Native

02 Honda Odyssey EXL- Granite Green, Full Nose Mask, Cargo Tray, Dash Designs Dash Mat, Splash Guards, Leather Steering Wheel Wrap, Fog Lights, S2K Antenna, Front door windows tinted, Jensen DVD 10.2" Widescreen, Alpine Head Unit, Polk Audio 6.5" speakers, Infinity Amp, Infinity 12" Subwoofer.
    13 Ford Mustang GT Premium
    03 Ford Focus ZX3
    03 Kawasaki Concours

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I never said perfect but acceptable yes.

P.S. I thought this was a place to "blow off steam" about problems and concerns but obviously not.

Also, I bet you would feel a little differently if you were in my shoes!
    No, we really don't still use horses and buggies in North Dakota.

LIKE THIS ?

note: please ignore the model.what model?
    Last edited by hachiroku; 06-29-2003 at 11:11 AM.
    -Rob-
    1995 Subaru Legacy LS/1992 Mazda Miata
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Melissa, ignore those other guys. You have every right to be upset. Have you taken your Ody back to the dealer and given them the opportunity to fix the problems?

Re: LIKE THIS ?

Originally posted by hachiroku
    note: please ignore the model.what model?
    Dang Rob, where do you find these pics? LOL! Talk about cut springs bro. Nice wheels and color. Do you know the owner? Where's the model that you're talking about? I don't see her.
    Have You Used The Search Function Of The Forums Lately?

Melissa, keep your chin up. Become informed. Be polite and persistant. Make sure the dealer or another dealer fixes those problems. You paid for a new vehicle and it has flaws. You are not the cause of the flaws. Just because others are lucky enough to have no problems does not invalidate your observations. It is the responsibility of the dealer and manufacturer to make it right. I realize you probably have a job or other things more pleasant and important than picking up after a Honda's problems. Unfortunately, too many dealers lose interest in the customer after they get paid.
    Take the example of "accordian" and search his posts. He was at times livid, frustrated, enraged, determined, intelligent, informed and above all persistant and got his problem resolved when the dealer and manufacturer could not fix his original vehicle.
    Good luck.

Mel
    Originally posted by Melissa
    ... P.S. I thought this was a place to "blow off steam" about problems and concerns but obviously not...
    It's a hard lesson to learn, any I certainly haven't completely learned it, but blowing off steam usually doesn't get you very far.

You didn't buy your Ody from Odyclub! OdyClub doesn't owe you anything. Please don't vent at us!

Now, if you want constructive help, welcome. You'll generally find useful information and friendly members here.

Just my 2¢ worth,
    Mel

Re: Re: LIKE THIS ?

Originally posted by KaliOdy
    Dang Rob, where do you find these pics? LOL! Talk about cut springs bro. Nice wheels and color. Do you know the owner? Where's the model that you're talking about? I don't see her.
    Fitz,
    Someone posted this some months ago and I just saved the pic.Ya know, for the van !
    -Rob-
    1995 Subaru Legacy LS/1992 Mazda Miata
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

02-RRP-EX

Re: Re: Re: LIKE THIS ?

Originally posted by hachiroku
    Fitz,
    Someone posted this some months ago and I just saved the pic.Ya know, for the van !
    There's a van in that picture? Oh, damn, never mind !

I have found that, on most of the Honda's I have owned, once you get the initial bugs worked out it will serve you well. But I completely understand your frustration.

The "bubbles" on the windshield weatherstripping may simply be the backside of the weatherstripping is flipped up, causing a raised area. On the back of the weatherstipping lip where it overlaps the body of the van, there is an small little extra lip. When you go through a car wash or if it gets hit with pressure from a water hose, it gets flipped out of position. Take a close look, and you should be able to tuck it back up under were it belongs. Annoying, but relatively harmless.

My replacement van lost it's brakes shortly after I got it, providing a scary ride or two. Dealer fixed it ASAP and no questions asked, but I am still disappointed this happened. But I don't see very many posts complaining about a brake master cylinder problem, so I guess mine was a fluke.

On both of my LX vans the sliders have not rattled, so I can't help you with fixing that, but I would suggest mentioning it to the dealer to see if there is any adjusting that can be done to tighten them up.
    Accordian
    2003 SS LX

When I first got my 2000 Odyssey, I noticed the windshield molding was bubbles. I used armor all, spray it on a cloth and then press it down on the molding while wiping. This seems to help. I also had the pull left and steering wheel vibrate above 65 MPH. It turns out that one of my brand new tires was defective [bad] from the manufacture. After the bad tire was replaced, the vibration goes away. It also had the problem of starting up when it was hot outside, but after the Multiplexer Unit Recall was performed, the problem seems to go away. My transmission went out after 9 months but was replace with a used one under the extend warranty package that was bought with the Odyssey. Hang in there and work with the Dealers, especially Honda Care Customer Service Agent.

odysseyrules,

I can't tell whether to take any of your comment seriously or as sarcastic!

Windshield molding had bubbles, defective brand new tire, won't start when hot outside, and transmission replaced with a used one.... that doesn't sound too good!

You seem to have the best attitude, considering all those things. Of course, it IS just a vehicle and the world doesn't end just because it isn't perfect.

I've learned over the years that the initial defect/discrepancy isn't the frustrating part... it's the attitude from the service folks. If they take care of you, it's easy to almost forget there was a problem in the first place.
    Dave
    07 Slate Green Metallic EX-L RES
    03 Sandstone Metallic EX-L RES
    02 Silver Euro Spec Honda Stream SE Sport (2014 - 2017)
    89 Mustang GT Conv

Melissa, I took no offense to your "bust your noggin" stuff. The person that did probably grew up in the 'Clinton PC era' ie: No sense of humor

I'd be upset also. Have Honda fix the problems. While it's there insist they give you a car to use.
    A fast bike in the hands of a slow rider................ is STILL a slow bike

18. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements