small puncture in leather seat
  1. Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums – General discussion forum for Honda Odyssey

Welcome to Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums - a website dedicated to all things Honda Odyssey.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda Odyssey Forum : Odyssey Minivan Forums today!

Thread: small puncture in leather seat

small puncture in leather seat

When taking down the 'magic seat', I noticed a tiny puncture on the side of the seat (brand new '03 Ody!). I contacted my dealer, who gave me two options: (1) They can order a piece of leather and have someone replace the side panel with the puncture, or (2) Use leather patching (enough so the puncture will not turn into a tear)which is supposed to blend in well and not be noticable.

The puncture is so tiny and in a place that cannot be seen, but I still would like it fixed.

Any suggestions to which option would be best? I would not mind the entire side panel to be replaced, but would differences in stiching/leather be noticable?

Thanks,

RedRockMama

2. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by little.fox; 02-20-2003 at 10:33 AM.
    little.fox -
    Furry chest, all-terrain paws, fluffy tail, wet black nose, twinkly eyes, one vixen, two noisy pups

You mentioned "brand new Ody"...it's worth a shot but you could claim that it was delivered like that and you only noticed it now. It you believe you did not damage it, why settle for a blemish repair? Have Honda replace the entire seat under warranty or due to shipping damage.
    Geoff

'01 Ody EX - Fern
    Weathertech Weatherflectors, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Honda Hood Deflector, Mud Guards, Hidden Hitch, Honda Nose Mask, Wheel Locks, Leather Steering Wheel Cover
    Hidden Content

'89 Mustang 5.0 HB
    Completely stock since new
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements

I would agree with gfawkes to try to push for a new seat. Either way, you take a risk. The dye lot is likely to be a different shade if they replace the seat, also the dye lot of the panel is likely to be different. Repairing just the panel means that they have to rip the stitching of the panel to replace it, then resew it and though the stiching may match and likely not noticeable, the sewing machine operator will need to take a seam smaller than the origonal so the old stitch holes won't show. Could also weaken and in the far off future too many stitch holes may eventually cause the leather to rip. I am an upholsterer and have sewn in leather.

if its the third row seat, chances are its not leather unless they changed between 2002 and 2003. If you think it was there when you got the car, get honda to replace the third seat, whole seat not just the top or bottom half.
    02 SS EXL-RES

8. Remove Advertisements
    OdyClub.com
    Advertisements