Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a thread/sticky on how to remove factory radio. Cant seem to find one. I removed large trim piece that surronds radio but nor sure how it comes out. I tired to slip removal tabs along side of radion but that does not seem to work.
If the 2 screws need to come out how do you fit screwdriver in there? (Its at 90 degree angle)
thanks

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Manual says 6 screws total after removing center panel? It does look tight in there to get at those screws.

Someone must have done this before?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Search for the clock bulb replacement thread. I think you basically had the radio out to do that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
There are two bolts on either side of the radio that need to be removed. Should be quite visible as they are right next to it. You can use either an 8mm or phillips to remove them. Both the pocket and the radio come out together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Dad New Van said:
Manual says 6 screws total after removing center panel? It does look tight in there to get at those screws.

Someone must have done this before?
what manual?

all i saw were 2 screws going into radio at 90 degree angle

·
Registered
355 Posts
The four bolts that need to be removed are just to the left and right sides of the radio and should be quite visible. Here is a quick pic of the right side ones on mine.

Just remove them and pull the radio out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg Stoddard said:
The four bolts that need to be removed are just to the left and right sides of the radio and should be quite visible. Here is a quick pic of the right side ones on mine.

Just remove them and pull the radio out.
I dont see those brackets on my OEM radio. Did you install these brackets when you installed your after makets radio?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nope, those are the factory brackets. I bolted the aftermarket radio to them to keep the pocket. Even the parts websites show the same brackets. If you can take a pic of your dash with the panel off and post it, it might help to figure out what is different on yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts