Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
01FamHauler said:
What's the easiest way to pull the iacv???? the back screw is a (insert expletive here) to remove. Thanks in advance.
Pull the intake manifold off and clean out the EGR port. But pull the manifold off with the throttle body. I think the hardest part there is that there is a heater hose with coolant connected to the IAC. Remove that and it gets a little easier.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Trust me, that throttle body is on there pretty damn solid. Removing it is worse than doing the intake manifold.

While, I'd reccomend replacing gaskets on the manifold, you don't have to when pulling it off. Just make sure you tq it down correctly.

I replaced my own IAC with it upside down. I think I only removed the intake hose and the coolant hose to get to it. It took me roughly two hours of hassle to do it but I did it.

two weeks later I was doing the EGR port and realized that it took me about 3 hours to pull the intake manifold out, clean it and reinstall it with new gaskets. I wish I had done the IAC at the same time. I would have except my van was dying and I needed it to drive the next morning not realizing how fast it was to do both. So, now I reccomend doing both.

·
Registered
665 Posts
adamrich33 said:
you went about the right way, and dont mess with the egr if its not throwing a code
My egr never threw a code, but the port caused that funny idle, I did the valves and all of them needed adjustment at 140k along with the EGR port being completely gummed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.