Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I noticed the light on the cruise control switch is on, even though the cruise control is not on. What's worse is that the light is on even when the engine is off and the doors have been locked.

Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Sounds like a bad CC switch or ground. Carefully pry the switch out of the instrument panel. Disconnect the 5P connector from the switch. Check for continuity between the terminals in each switch position according to the table.
• If the continuity is not specified, replace the illumination bulbs or the switch.
• If OK, install the switch

PM me an email address and I can send you the connector numbering and the table to troubleshoot.

If it is a poor ground, you would have issues with these other features: G501 (located behing left kick panle) - Clock, Cruise control unit, Cruise control main switch, Data link connector (DLC), Front accessory power socket, Interior lights switch, Driver’s multiplex control unit, Navigation display unit, Navigation unit, Power mirror switch, Power sliding door switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Here is some additional information that might help:

When I came out to go to work this morning, the cruise light on the switch was STILL on. Before starting the van, I depressed the cruise button (turned it on) and every light on the instrument panel came on. When I tried to start the van, the starter would turn but it would not start. It sounded as if it was not getting fuel. When I turned the key off and turned the cruise button to off and then attempted to start the van, it started immediately.

On the way to work, I tried the cruise control and it worked flawlessly. After I got to work and locked the van, the cruise button light was out.

Does this narrow the problem?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Anybody else have ideas?

Ground or battery? How old is your battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts