Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting this noise from under the glove box that I first thought was related to the fan. Yesterday, I realized that even with entire climate control system off, I still get the noise. If I unplug the green connector shown below, it stops; plug it back in and it starts again. Can anyone tell me what this connector leads to and how to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
If it has 7 holes in the connector, it has to be for the Air Mix Control Motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It definitely is the Air Mix Control Motor...actually, what's making the noise is the linkage. I can get it started by putting a little pressure on one of the plastic pieces and then it starts oscillating back and forth very quickly. It doesn't move hardly at all, just enough to make the clicking noise, and then it settles down and goes quiet. But, I'm not quite sure what normal operation of this linkage should look like. It doesn't seem to travel enough to open a vent or valve. Any ideas? Should I just replace the whole motor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any progress to this thread? I have the same issue and am trying to determine if its a bad motor, or a problem with the linkage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually nothing is broken.
You must take out the assembly then take it apart.
Inside you will find a plastic round gear with copper threads on it.
clean off the threads, put it back together and problem is solved.
If you want to buy a new assembly, they sell for $109 from a company in Rhode Island.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts