Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 odyssey EX, that I was having the no park indicator on. I disconnected the battery and checked wire connections on everything I could think of. When I hooked up battery, I have no gear indicator at all. Everything powers up but there is no gear indication so it will not start. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My '2000 Ody quit on me after starting and moving in front of the garage - approx. 20 ft. Tried to check everything. I didn't look at the gear lights.

Key "went bad".

Check the dash for a green "Key" shaped light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the blinking green key. After turning on the key, I have the TCS, and Brake light. Also have the open doors, brake lamp warning lit. Running out of options. Will the gear indicator work even if the neutral switch is bad??

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If none of the gear position lights come on the plug to the range switch could be loose. All the lights go through the range switch to ground. The switch provides a ground to the light the the shifter is in. Go back and check all the connections you were checking before. I don't think that can stop it from starting, just lock it in park because of no power to the P light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks William. I have heard talk in posts of both the neutral switch and the range switch. I know the neutral switch is attached to the tranny., but I am not sure exactly where the range switch is. My wife is anxious to get her van back, so any info is helpful.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts