Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have read and read but our van has 200k on it and trans flared one morning while shifting into OD and from then on has been giving me problems, I put in trans shop and they ran diagnostics finding no codes and decided it was not a electrical sensor etc but internal. I drove about 60 miles on hiway tonight in drive (3rd) and was fine on hiway but when I got off and came to a stop I had no forward gears! I shut it off and let it sit for a few and started back up and revved a few times and it engaged in drive but with lots of jerking until I got back up to around 60 then smooth From there on or at least till I stopped again. Just seems like it is not holding fluid pressure or something.... By the way the fluid is not burnt at all which is strange since it slips! I need advice , I hate to get rid of and enter into a new payment butbalso hate to sink a bunch of money into!!! Coming from drag racing background I wish this trans was as simple as a powerglide with a good transbrake and JW bell housing Lol

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
The only advice I can give is to read the thread "Root Cause of Transmission Failures" and check the pressure switches, solenoids and their screens. Otherwise, check out Jasper or Gator transmissions for a replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts