Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife told me back in February it did this but I couldn't reproduce the problem. This week she says it's done it to her a couple of times. Says the engine turns over normally but it just won't start. She tries a second time and it starts and runs normally. It's after she's driven it once, then let it sit for an hour or so when it happens. Not cold first thing in the mornning.

Any ideas? Battery is about 4 years old.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Possibly the coolant temp sensor is on its way out. They can feed bad info to the ECU, causing it to improperly fuel the engine. It's common in a lot of cars and I see no reason why this one might be any different.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator is possible on Honda's of this vintage. Some models have bulletins to replace it for hot soak, no start. The 2001 Odys don't, but get it inspected.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check the main fuel relay in the back of the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box. Try some fuel injector cleaner. Was your EGR valve ever replaced and the ports cleared of carbon?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the main fuel relay in the back of the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box. Try some fuel injector cleaner. Was your EGR valve ever replaced and the ports cleared of carbon?
I don't recall. I'd have to call the dealer and ask them if we ever had it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts