Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

So my van is at the shop fixin' to get a rebuilt transmission installed. I'm getting the parts together to make sure the swap goes well.

One biggie that I wanted was a new external transmission filter (the OEM Honda filter on the 5-speed trans). Honda wants around $40ish for the filter, Majestic Honda has the filter (part number 25450-P7W-003) for $32.

Tried the aftermarket, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, O'Reilly's, and Autozone didn't have the filter and couldn't get one. Did find a lead that Beck-Arnley makes a filter, part number 044-8003 that is a direct replacement.

If you Google the part number you'll find plenty of sources, one of the better ones I found is Summit Racing for $18.99.

Also, if you need the OEM O-ring that fits the end of the filter, the Honda part number is 91301-P7W-003 and it's a buck or two.

Anyhow, I got an OEM Honda filter that will be here tomorrow and the aftermarket part that will be here Monday. I'll take a look at the both and see if there's any appreciable difference. I imagine the filter is pretty unexciting from cutaways I've seen of it.

Dale

·
Registered
157 Posts
RockAuto also has the filter by BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0448003 for 14.56.
it already comes with the O-ring installed like the one from Makco Wade posted.
Just drill down the interactive, i got that one when and installed it.
1500 miles so far and no leaks and no issues on that filter. :)

CK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts