Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a Dealer today, and saw my first 02 in Evergreen, and they still had an 01 in Dark Emerald. My wife and I liked the Dark Emerald. I had assumed from the brochure that they were the same color. I was suprised to find out the the 02 Evergreen is much lighter than the 01 Dark Emerald. Kinda of a fern green. I think I like the 01 color better. Costa Mesa Honda in So. Calif. says they sold 6-7 02's this weekend. They have 2 left, plus 2 01's.

Chris

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree on the green. We had an order in for an Evergreen, assuming it was very similar to the Dark Emerald. We subsequently changed our order to GG after seeing the Evergreen. So, now we're back to waiting again. We ordered in June and probably won't see our van until the first of Nov!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pretty close, to my eyes... I saw one last week at a dealer- in noon sun the RRP definitely has more of a pink/purple tone than I expected from early color swatches and brochure photos.

I'm glad to hear the EP is lighter than my '01 DEP, as I've been bemoaning not waiting for a '02; I was holding out for a black minivan (I've driven nothing but black cars since 1984), and compromised on the Dark Emerald.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This issue has been causing much frustration in our household! We have an EP EX on order, due in a few weeks. Not sure if we will like the color (wife is thinking 'red', though red on a van does not appeal to me). Is it similar to the 2001 CRV green??? We were told it was. Could someone please post some pics of the EP Ody?

If we end up reordering, it'll mean another couple of months wait. Therefore,if the color is not offensive, we'll probably end up sticking with it. I hope it is not offensive!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oldschool - I have emailed some shots of a 2002 Green Ody to you. They were shot at night - sorry not the greatest.

I thought the green was OK - but I did not want the Ivory leather. The sales guy said they were prepping the Green for the showroom - they did not expect it to be a big seller, so they can plan a long stay in the showroom.

I too wanted The Emerald green, but went for the RRP as it is the *NEW* colour. Picked up my EXL today - the Red is still not my favorite shade but I am liking it more.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Is it similar to the 2001 CRV green??? We were told it was.</font>
It does look very similar to the 2001 CRV green color, and also the Ford Windstar green. It is almost a blue-green, and considerably lighter than the 01.
Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the input. Turns out that a local dealer got an EP EX today that I could view. I took some pics and optimized them for the web, but cannot figure out how to post them. If interested in EP pics, let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts