Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The list price in Canada is $36,900. Based on an exchange rate of $1.50CA for $1.00US (approximate) the cost to us would be $24,900US. Are my calculations correct?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get it exported to the US (emissions are the same right)?

Is the Honda Warrenty a North American warrenty or country specific?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BobN:
The list price in Canada is $36,900. Based on an exchange rate of $1.50CA for $1.00US (approximate) the cost to us would be $24,900US. Are my calculations correct?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get it exported to the US (emissions are the same right)?

Is the Honda Warrenty a North American warrenty or country specific?
</font>
Bob, consider doing a search on "Canada" in the General and also in the 2002 forums to see some of the previous discussion. There are some threads that deal in depth specifically with this. Regards, Maugham

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine in Seattle purchased a 2000 EX that was imported from Canada. He found out the warranty he had was a 3rd party policy and was not the factory warranty. The Honda customer service line told him American Honda does not honor the warranty of units imported from Canada by a private or third party for resale. Buyer Beware! From my understanding it is very difficult to even order a replacement speedometer for an Odyssey especially if you have a canadian vin#.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all...

I think that I will shell out more money for the piece of mind that it is fully covered for 36K miles. If I lived on the border and a Canadian honda dealer was 30-45 minutes away, I would consider it more seriously as I could always drive/haul it over there for the break-fix stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts