Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the weirdest thing. This morning my wife can't open the car with the remote. She thinks the battery is already dead. Makes sense.

But then MY remote doesn't work, either. So it's not a battery issue. The little red lights flash, but no action.

Huh? I just used my remote yesterday, all day long as I took the Silver Beast for a drive in the country. Why would it stop working now?

So I get our third remote, which I received last Friday and programmed last Friday with no problems. Guess what: IT works JUST FINE.

I reprogrammed our original remotes, and now they work just fine--and the third remote still works and never stopped working.

Somehow, overnight, the Silver Beast lost track of our original two remotes. We'll see how long the reprogramming works. I expect it to work for the life of the car...

Does anyone have an insights here?

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I added a third remote I programmed all three at the same time because I thought it had to be done that way. All three worked okay afterward. Other than that, don't have a clue as to why it would lose the programming. Is it possible that you used the third remote yesterday, and the programming for the other two were lost when the third was added?

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, but that's not how events occurred. The third remote I programmed on Friday, and both original remotes worked all day Friday and Saturday.

Come Sunday morning neither original remote worked, but the third remote never stopped.

And after I reprogrammed the original remotes, the third remote continued to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts