Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got the Pioneer 1695 speakers in the van, but last Thursday we had another straight day of heavy rains. Long story short-wife had the van was parked in a parking lot that received 4.5" of rain in less than an hour. It creeped into the driver door since the nose was lower than the rear, but the jute carpet backing acted like a wick and pretty much soaked the carpet around the front 2 seats. Got it to the dealer-she said itll be good as new after they replace the jute backing, clean it all up and dry out the electrical connections.

One thing she did mention is that it appears the electronics and wiring are higher up on the firewall for the 02s so we avoided that headache.Not sure if its true or not-but thats what she said. Thank goodness I hadnt installed the Alpine VCP under the seats yet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Make sure all the fluids are checked. I had a Chevy flooded (up to the instrument panel) and there was water in the engine,trans,rear axle. Everything.

Regards
Al

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I forgot to mention they are doing the fluids and possible the ac compressor if they determine it got wet since it will ruin the bearings. Im actually confident then van will be put back good as new since this dealer did hundreds of much more severely flooded cars a while back.-We'll see.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just got the van back-$2648.54 for water barely getting in the drivers door while parked and saturating the carpet. Hopefully the vans unnamed driver will be slightly more cautious in the selection of parking spaces in the future.

Good news is we have insurance
and the van appears to be good as new thanks to (2) new electronics modules that were proactively replaced due to condensation concerns $508.41 for one, $280.70 for the other, new oil and transmission fluids, $65.00 for jute padding and $1512 worth of labor. Now I can put the Alpine VCR in under the passenger seat this weekend.

For what it is worth, I had a lengthy conversation with the service manager about the type of oil required for '02s and they said that is too light for the heat in Houston and they are sticking with the tried and true that the 00's and 01's used. Im shooting off the top of my head but I think it was 5W-20 recommended for '02s versus 10-30 for previous Hondas.

Did anyone ever get a WHY from Honda on this? Secondly-what does the Acura MDX require?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts