Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Automotive Market Environmental Sensitivity (AMES)awarded the 2002 Ford Windstar the "Best" award. ODY did'nt even make the preferred lists. Check it out at www.amesawards.com

I think Honda needs to look at this issue with more than just a blink of the eye!

Just my two bits.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Call me anti-environment if you must... but I don't really want any part of my car made from post-consumer recycled materials.

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES w/ misaligned, hard to close driver door

·
Registered
207 Posts
I find this truly bizarre since the MDX, RSX, and CR-V all scored "Best in Class" and the Civic and Insight scored "Preferred".

How is it that something like the Insight, with EPA estimates of 61/68 mpg and "most fuel-efficient car in America" award, can be rated on par with a 33/39 mpg Civic? Further, is the 02 Insight even available yet?

Oh, and another thing (since I just noticed pummal's post), AMES apparently didn't consider recycled material content in its ratings because that element wasn't disclosed by the manufacturers. So, it comes down to fuel economy and emissions. With respect to fuel economy, the Odyssey beats the Windstar by a couple mpg. I don't know about emissions but doesn't the Ody have a 50 state LEV rating? Go figure!

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Homer,

I'm with you. Something sounds fishy.

I wonder if in their analysis, they took into consideration vehicle life (original purchase date until entrance to the junkyard). I would hedge to bet that the "vehicle life" of an Odyssey exceeds that of a Windstar by 1-2 years minimum. Therefore, less waste generated by the Odyssey in the long run.

Bob

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nurcomp:
The Automotive Market Environmental Sensitivity (AMES)awarded the 2002 Ford Windstar the "Best" award. ODY did'nt even make the preferred lists. Check it out at www.amesawards.com

I think Honda needs to look at this issue with more than just a blink of the eye!

Just my two bits.

</font>

"Automotive Market Environmental Sensitivity" award??

Give me a break. Personally, I couldn't care less. We went on a ski trip last winter and rented a Windstar. It was adaquate but definitly nothing to write home about. If you have any problems with this little award, just go test drive a Windstar. I can pretty much guarentee that you won't be able to get back to your Odyssey fast enough!

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts