Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my leather steering wheel cover from B.C. Imports. The web site stated that it fits the '02. I just tried it out and there's about a 1/2 inch gap between the two edges when you wrap it around.
I called them just to make sure this was for the '02, and they said that the part number is the same as for previous Ody's. This doesn't make much sense (to me) since the wheel is supposedly thicker on the '02.
Anyone have similar experiences? They are offering to accept the return, so I suppose I'll just do that and wait to hear from all of you... Anyone know of a cover that fits the '02 well?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Buy a genuine Honda cover. They're available now. I don't know about the "thickness" but the '02 has an updated wheel than previous years which have slightly different spoke locations.

[This message has been edited by vquan (edited 01-14-2002).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vquan:
Buy a genuine Honda cover. They're available now. I don't know about the "thickness" but the '02 has an updated wheel than previous years which have slightly different spoke locations.

[This message has been edited by vquan (edited 01-14-2002).]
</font>
It was a genuine Honda cover and I do know about the wheel being larger. That's my point -- there is no difference in the Honda part number between the '02 and previous model years. It would make sense that there should be.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that you see a gap if you just place the cover w/o lacing it up. You need to use the laces to stretch the leather really tight.

There are some older threads about lacing steering wheel covers.

Mel

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I put my Honda ordered leather steering cover on my '01, it fit tight before it was laced up. I actually stretched it on to get it on. Also, it was labelled for the Accord but according to Honda, the steering wheels were the same diameter. It fit fine and looks great when laced up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 02Odyfan:
It was a genuine Honda cover and I do know about the wheel being larger. That's my point -- there is no difference in the Honda part number between the '02 and previous model years. It would make sense that there should be.</font>
The Honda cover for the '02' literally just came out. I got mine just before the new year. The part number is 08U98-SOX-100, whereas for other years it's 08U98-S84-100. Fits like a glove. I got mine from Hondapartsforyou.com because it was cheapest with free shipping. If you order from them, talk to a live person and not through the net since they haven't updated the part number. I'll bet if you call B.C. Imports, they'll have the new part number, if not, return it.

[This message has been edited by vquan (edited 01-15-2002).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You haven't let me down yet. Thanks for the part number and information. Indeed, BC was mistaken. I have the correct cover now and it looks great. Wearing leather gloves helped the stitching process.
Thanks again-

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone found another Honda model with a steering wheel that fits the '02 Odyssey? For example, I think the Acura TL wheel fits the 2001 & prior models.

If not, I'm going to give in and buy the self-stitch leather cover (and gloves for the install!). It would be nice to have a factory-made wheel with the leather already on there, though.

Another possibility: maybe the new Honda SUV will have a factory leather wheel that also fits the Odyssey.

------------------
timbuk2002
02 GG EX
96 Maxima SE (for sale soon)
87 Supra Turbo

[This message has been edited by timbuk2002 (edited 01-23-2002).]

·
Registered
239 Posts
quote: I got mine from Hondapartsforyou.com because it was cheapest with free shipping.
How much did you pay, vquan?

·
Registered
171 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lotus18:
quote: I got mine from Hondapartsforyou.com because it was cheapest with free shipping.
How much did you pay, vquan?
</font>
Same price as the '01 cover, $36.50.

[This message has been edited by vquan (edited 01-24-2002).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts