Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compressor is toast. How do I remove? Meaning, there ain't no space without removing "things"

If I could remove a frame piece it may squeeze through the bottom. I could remove the fans, radiator, condenser but would rather not if there is an easier way.

Can someone advise on the conventional procedure? I have searched here and on Google and I am unable to find the basic removal procedure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The FSM calls for removing the alternator first so you can pull the compressor up and out of the engine bay. I recently did this on an '01. I removed the radiator top mounts so that the radiator could be pushed forward a little for some removal room. I also had to shift the power steering fluid reservoir (pop it off the support bracket or unbolt the support bracket) and the AC suction line out of the way a little also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. I see where you can do that now. I think you just saved me a bunch of needless work and associated profanity spouting (neighbors get so angry) Will advise how it goes. Mucho gracias.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree. They are great. The handful of people that help constantly for one type of car are the real heros. They keep the forums going. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
I've replaced a few of these and have always pulled it out the bottom. If you have the capability to easily remove the harnonic balancer it makes it even easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts