Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have traded in my 01 ex dark emerald for an 02 granite exl-res. I have again had the best dealer experience.I have so far dealt twice with Mike Churi at Burne Honda in Northeast,PA. He had my van delivered to my home again in Prov,RI all the way from Scranton,PA(about 4 1/2 hours away) for free and also DISCOUNTED the msrp $500(YES, Discounted) .The driver who delivered my new ody also brought my trade-in(01 ody ex) back with him to burne honda.It was a very ,very smooth experience and this time I waited about 6 weeks for my van(last time it was only about 3 weeks or so). I have recommended Mike Churi @ Burne Honda to many ,many freinds,relatives,and people on this website, and also posted my last experiences with this site.I am very pleased with Mike,Burne ,and my much upgraded 02 exl-res. The 240 horse and the 5 speed auto is a big ,big improvement from last year. My kids of course love the RES.

·
Registered
322 Posts
will.....just curious, how did he check out your trade-in? I don't have another Ody to trade in but considered him. We have a Chevy blazer but decided just to sell it on our own. Anyway, great deal. Good luck.

Dana

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Anybody else want to take a crack at this "good deal" or should we be nice and let it lie?

·
Registered
579 Posts
What did the good guy gave you for your 2001 Odyssey? $500 off the 2002 EX-L Res is a pretty good deal, but I'm just currious to what do you get for your 01 Odyssey as trade-in. I have a 2001 Odyssey EX and wanted to trade in for the 2002 with side airbages, 4 disc brakes, better noise insulation, better shocks, more colors to choose from and RES. I am careless for the leather seat (it is too hot in Arizona sun) and careless about the 30 extra horses (210 hp is more than enough to haul my 2 little girls). They can remove the 30 horses and leather seats if they can keep the price down...!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i think i got a great deal.I drove in for mike to see my trade about a week or so before my new van got there.Then he and a manager of some sort (probably the used car guy) took it for a ride and gave me an apraisel. they gave me $22,000 for my 01 ex trade-in. i did shop around before and i even tried to sell it myself ,but i just ended up taking the offer and it seems to me to be a good deal.And as far as the $500 off the MSRP ,Mike offered me that way before i told him i was trading my van.He didn't even know i was trading my van until about 2 weeks before i got my new one.I told him there was no way i was trading it and i had it up for sale myself.This was the second van i bought from mike churi @burne honda ,and he gave me a good discount and free delivery even when i bought my first van..My local dealers offered me anywhere from $19,000 to $22,000 for my van ,but none of them would budge on the sticker.i even looked in CT,NY, and NJ .I did my shopping and i am very happy with my deal. Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
will86752001 said:
Well i think i got a great deal.I drove in for mike to see my trade about a week or so before my new van got there.Then he and a manager of some sort (probably the used car guy) took it for a ride and gave me an apraisel. they gave me $22,000 for my 01 ex trade-in. i did shop around before and i even tried to sell it myself ,but i just ended up taking the offer and it seems to me to be a good deal.And as far as the $500 off the MSRP ,Mike offered me that way before i told him i was trading my van.He didn't even know i was trading my van until about 2 weeks before i got my new one.I told him there was no way i was trading it and i had it up for sale myself.This was the second van i bought from mike churi @burne honda ,and he gave me a good discount and free delivery even when i bought my first van..My local dealers offered me anywhere from $19,000 to $22,000 for my van ,but none of them would budge on the sticker.i even looked in CT,NY, and NJ .I did my shopping and i am very happy with my deal. Thanks
Now you are talking again. I believe you got rob on your 2001 Odyssey EX. My dealer at Tempe, AZ quote me at almost $25,000 for my 2001 Odyssey EX and he'll refund most of my extended warrantee and he'll credit me about $1800 on tax toward the new Odyssey. I still shoot for a better deal. The good guy seem not so good after all. I'll rather pick up my van at the dealer. I can always reject it if something doesn't look right. If I don't have time to go down to the dealer, I wouldn't want to buy anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,considering that i called about 20 dealerships and visited about 8 of them in person ,I KNOW I DIDN'T GET RIPPED OFF.I am not a fool ,I did my shopping and mike gave me the best deal of any dealership within a 5 hour radius of me.I really dought that a dealer is willing to buy your 01 for more than than invoice of an 02 that they could make more money on...It sounds to me like you are jealous of anyone besides yourself getting a good deal. Don't be so neagtive.I am glad you got a great deal.Why would you worry so much about MY trade.I am just trying to post my positive experience with people who are interested,I am not here to be frowned upon by someone who has nothing else to do but tell people how much of a crappy deal they got. Like i said ,Ishopped around alot.I got the best deal i could find without driving to alaska!! I am very pleased and would recommend Michael Churi @ Burne Honda in Scranton,PA to anyone in the ny,pa,nj,md,ri,de area. I am very glad that you are getting such a great deal halfway across the U.S. THANKS

·
Registered
579 Posts
You though I'm lying to you hu. Here is the email from Tempe, AZ Honda and I am about 10 miles away from them. Read for yourself:

<The Odyssey is great at holding it's value. It dropped only $2500 from what you paid for it, which was over sticker. There has been a brand new Odyssey come out since you bought yours and the value has still held strong. My buyer is willing to give you full invoice price for a new 2002 on this vehicle. That is amazing and you'll get almost 90% of what you paid for the warranty back also. I will give you an example of most cars. The Nissan Maxima is a car that costs $28000 similar to the cost of your van new. The out the door would be around $31,000 the vehicle is only worth $20,000 with similar miles (which is 11,500 miles) to what you have on your Odyssey. If you are planning to keep the 2002 EX-L RES Odyssey for a while I think it is a good time to get out of the 2001 Odyssey. Also if a person buys the Odyssey from you, you can't get the refund on the warranty that I told you about. If you add the $24,500 which I will give you for your van, and the tax credit that you receive of over $1800, that means you
are getting $26,300 for the van. That is almost what you paid for it. Then add the $1300 you are getting back from your warranty and you are getting $27,600 for the van. That is outstanding!>

I am glad you like your deal, but it is not as good as it may sound. They offered me almost $28,000 for my 2001 and I'm still searching for a better deal. I haven't shop around yet. My work life is very bussy. I work for somebody and I also operate my own business. I hope time will allow me to shop around, hopefully get better deal. This is the first dealer I contacted so far. I'll try a couple more dealers close by before I make a move. I have no reason to jealous at your deal. I just want to show you that some salemen may sound nice and wonderful, but they might end up stabing your back without you notice it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oop....sorry, I don't know why the attached email from Temp, AZ honda got cut off. Here it is again:

The Odyssey is great at holding it's value. It
dropped only $2500 from what you paid for it, which was over sticker. There has
been a brand new Odyssey come out since you bought yours and the value has still
held strong. My buyer is willing to give you full invoice price for a new 2002
on this vehicle. That is amazing and you get almost 90% of what you paid for
the warranty back also. I will give you an example of most cars. The Nissan
Maxima is a car that costs $28000 similar to the cost of your van new. The out
the door would be around $31,000 the vehicle is only worth $20,000 with similar
miles to what you have on your Odyssey (which is 11,500 miles). If you are planning to keep the 2002 EX-L RES Odyssey a while I think it is a good time to
get out of the 2001 Odyssey. Also if a person buys the Odyssey from you you can't
get the refund on the warranty that I told you about. If you add the $24,500 which I will give
for your van, and the tax credit that you receive of over $1800, that means you
are getting $26,300 for the van. That is almost what you paid for it. Then add
the $1300 you are getting back from your warranty and you are getting $27,600
for the van. That is outstanding!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, there is no way of telling if thats a real email or not you are posting. But like i said before you live in arizona and i live in rhode island.I don't think i would drive 2000 miles to get a van.I did my shopping like i said. Mike @ Burne Honda gave me the best deal of all the dealers in a 5 state area and he was also great to deal with.I reccommend anyone within the Northeast US area to deal with him if they can. 1-800-822-2110 His ext is 245 His name is Michael Churi. This is the second time i had a great experience from him and his dealership.

·
Registered
579 Posts
will86752001 said:
Well, there is no way of telling if thats a real email or not you are posting. But like i said before you live in arizona and i live in rhode island.I don't think i would drive 2000 miles to get a van.I did my shopping like i said. Mike @ Burne Honda gave me the best deal of all the dealers in a 5 state area and he was also great to deal with.I reccommend anyone within the Northeast US area to deal with him if they can. 1-800-822-2110 His ext is 245 His name is Michael Churi. This is the second time i had a great experience from him and his dealership.
I'm happy that you are happy with your experience with Mike @ Burne Honda. Nobody can take away the deal from you. I am also happy with the quote I got for my 2001 as a trade-in. Oh by the way, the email is perfectly true. I don't want to show the sale agent's name in here. I do not want to advertise his name here. I want them to contact Jim F. and his gangs if they want to advertise in here. There is a lady in the Dealer Stories Forum said she got her 2002 EX-L RES for about 3000 under MSRP. I believe she is in Wisconsin if I remember correctly. I don't mind let them ship the Odyssey to me for that much off the MSRP. I am still pursue for better deale than what they currently quoted me. I also want to delay long enough to see how the Pilot pricing look like when it come out. Good luck with your Odyssey.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think its time for Will and Coleman to agree to disagree, and let it end.......please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
$3k under MSRP?

"There is a lady in the Dealer Stories Forum said she got her 2002 EX-L RES for about 3000 under MSRP. I believe she is in Wisconsin if I remember correctly."

Wow - I'd be shocked. I can't get anyone to move much from MSRP in the Milwaukee area. Some are actually quite arrogant about it, and I walked away several times before "settling" for $200 under. EXLs and EXL w/NAVI and DVD are very hard to come by around here.

I'll have to research that message.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: $3k under MSRP?

SStangler said:
"There is a lady in the Dealer Stories Forum said she got her 2002 EX-L RES for about 3000 under MSRP. I believe she is in Wisconsin if I remember correctly."

Wow - I'd be shocked. I can't get anyone to move much from MSRP in the Milwaukee area. Some are actually quite arrogant about it, and I walked away several times before "settling" for $200 under. EXLs and EXL w/NAVI and DVD are very hard to come by around here.

Here is the messages below:

sydneyschubert

2002 EX for $3,000 under MSRP!
Hi, I am new to the board! I just picked up my new Silver 2002 Odyssey EX w/leather interior and DVD entertainment system for $27,200 including destination charges at Honda Wilde in Waukesha Wisconsin. I was planning to pick up a 2002 GG LX for 24,190 ($500 under MSRP) but when I got there, the service dept had scratched it and so the manager offered me the EX w/leather and DVD for $27,200 and they threw in a cargo tray and mudguards. More than I wanted to pay for a car, but I thought it was too good of a deal to pass up.

This looks like a great board!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: $3k under MSRP?

SStangler said:

That appears to be a bit of a fluke - the car she ordered came in damaged, there was another vehicle on the lot and the dealer gave her a super bargain. Most of the prices reported in the March Price Pulse poll are at or close to MSRP.

Regards,

Maugham¿

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before we all argue endlessly about the value of our trade-ins, i would suggest you check out www.nada.com for the trade-in and retail values of your vehicle. the NADA "Blue Book" price is adjusted regionally, you there's no debate about prices in AZ vs. RI.

Some parting wisdom about buying an Odyssey- everyone always believes that they have gotten the best deal when they put down their money and drive their shiney new Ody off the lot. Its only later that some figure out they got jipped. But, by then its too late to do anything about it, so who cares? Just get in your new Ody, recline the seats, take in that fancy smell that always fades within a few weeks, pop a DVD in the RES, and enjoy...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I sold my 2001 Odyssey EX today. I am very happy with the deal. I got what I want and the buyer got what they are looking for in a minivan. I sold it at $28,000. The buyer are very happy with the price with all the options included in my van. I think he got a good deal and an excellent van. He drove about 100 miles to my place to see the van. He'll pick up the van next Tuesday after all the transfer paper completed by the bank and release the document from my bank to his bank. I proved a lot of the dealers around here are wrong. They told me I can't sale it myself for more than $24,6000 for my van. I am very happy with my trade-in quote from the local Honda dealer at $27,600 after the extended warrantee and tax credit included, but I am happier selling it myself. It took me a little more than a week to sale it through autotrader.com. I am very impress and happy.

I am ready for a newer Honda model. I am still waiting for the extended warrantee form from Donna. I have more power to deal with the next Honda without the trade-in attachement, which is always a big hassel try to get the deal for your current van and the new van.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts