Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the fuel pump relay is located on an '02 Odyssey EX? I've found the fuel pump fuse, but not the relay. Is the fuel pump relay combined with the "Main Relay" under the hood?

I'm considering replacing the relay due to recent intermittent hard starts after the van has sat overnight. It never had this problem before. It may be unrelated, but CEL also came on over the weekend (an extremely rare occurrence). Four codes stored: P0300, P0302, P0303 & P0304; all for misfires, but the van ran fine throughout. The CEL went out by itself later in the day.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone awnser this. I have a 1999 that does not like to restart while warm. If it is cold, it starts every time. I think it is the fuel pump relay. However, I dont know where it is located, specifically.

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
1,918 Posts
There may be another relay, but ...

lay on your back under the steering column, looking up. A few inches to your right (towards the driver's side door) will be a rectangular box about 1" x 1" x 1.5". Pull it out from the harness it is attached to. It should have 7 pins. Pulling this one relay kills the ignition (spark) and fuel injectors (not sure if it also kills the fuel pump).

This is all from memory during a troubleshooting episode a few months ago, so I'm not 100% sure about it.

But if you're looking for something to jiggle and see if something changes, there's something to try.

EDIT - also, you should be able to listen for the fuel pump. It turns on for a few seconds after turning the key to on (do not need to start). Listen for it when the car is working, then you'll know what might be missing when it does not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts