Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out where I can tap in for a "Vehicle speed pulse signal". Maybe the VSS signal to the speedo or something like that. Also is there a place in the front of the vehicle to get the reverse signal that turns on the back-up lights? I do not have a manual for my wife's van, so I an really at your guy's mercy. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
SpeedSense ORG (AC) AT CRUISE MOD.BEHIND CENT.CONSOLE

Found here: 2002 HONDA ODYSSEY MINIVAN

Google works wonders. BTW I in no way know if this is correct but you can double check it with a multimeter set to AC voltage, it will go up and down as the car speeds up and slows down. Obviously do this with two people in the car, one to drive and the other to check.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot! I started with google...that's how I found this forum. For some reason, I had never seen this link. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, today I installed the nav unit in my wife's Ody. I could not find a orange wire behind the center console. So with that being said. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster? I think that may be the easiest place to tap the wire for the VSS signal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which unit are you installing? I have a Pioneer f90bt in mine and didn't need the vss hooked up. Most gps can get the speed within +/- 1mph without it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an older Eclipse AVN unit. It's not that it won't work, it's that I am tired of seeing "check speed pulse" every time i turn the nav on. I am not sure where the cruise module is, so I am not really able to find the orange wire everyone is talking about. If anyone has any photos of it, that would be good as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I solved my problem. I ended up purchasing a horrible copy of the repair manual off ebay. If anyone else needs the info. You can tap into the VSS wire at the back of the gauge cluster on connector B pin 2. It's a blue/white wire like at the PCM. Thank you for everyone that helped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts