Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have ordering experience of a 2002 Odyssey in Portland, Oregon area? I am buying an EX and would like to shop around. I'd appreciate any feedback or comments.

[This message has been edited by 2002 (edited 08-23-2001).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also replied to the "Seattle Tacoma" thread. In Portland, St Johns Honda is selling it at MSRP however because of the waiting list, they were looking at December/January delivery. The contact person is Jo Turk (503) 286 8811. I ordered mine thru Capitol City Honda in Olympia Wa (1-1/2 hr from Portland). Also MSRP. Contact is Brian Martin (360) 754 3399 delivery in October. Bob Thomas Honda in Bend is also selling at MSRP if you are willing to negotiate the santiam pass to pick up your car. Contact is Peggy (541) 3822911 Nov/Dec delivery. Also MSRP.
These are the dealers that I find to be on the level. I have pretty much called everybody within 4 hours of Portland and weeded out the shady or high priced ones.
Loc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hotan1,

Thanks for the tips. I saw your post in the Seattle-Tacoma thread and I wanted to check with all the local dealers before I call Captital City Honda.

I've done my own research now and I've pretty much reached the same conclusion as yours. A special note about Beaverton honda is that they asked for 32,000 to begin with. What a price!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I just purchased an odyssey (finally!)I took hotan's advise and put a deposit at a dealership he mentioned. After 2 months and nothing.(they said it would be in next week every day for 2 months), I tried some of the other dealers hotan wrote about. Yes, they all said the same thing, We'll sell you an odyssey for msrp. The problem with these dealers is they all wanted a huge deposit (a major scam according to the better business bureau). But will not deliver for several months while earning interest on YOUR money! Then if they have someone else who is willing to pay more, you get the next van on their list. Myself and several of my colleges here at intel have tried without success to purchase an odyssey at msrp. I purchased my Odyssey finally at beaverton honda. I avoided them initially even though they were the closest because of 2002's post. I was introduced to a salesperson at beaverton honda by a neighbor who purchased their van there. Here is what happened:
Initial price on ex - $1495 over msrp
negotiated price - $500 over msrp
V.I.N. # - Immediately
Delivery promised - 3 weeks
actual delivery - 1 week
most hassle - finance trying
to sell warranty
least hassle - suprisingly, the price negotiation (it was over in 5 minutes)
only problem - check engine light came on 3 days after delivery, service manager addressed problem on the phone and fixed it the next day. (on a SUNDAY!)

Yes, I may have paid more than msrp for my odyssey, but their service and not waiting six months has made up for it.
I'd also like to say they have some very pleasant salespeople that go beyond the call of duty to make you happy. A few of the people who helped us was a manager named Dan, 3 salespeople Anthony, Kenny and Angela and the service advisor Bruce.
ps if you are putting a deposit on an Odyssey make sure you get the VIN #

1 - 4 of 4 Posts