Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight from TOV - It's been on there for awhile, and I had to hunt it down. And almost all the stuff reported to TOV turns out to be true.... Or at least close enough, considering this info is from May and still is the same.

The Odyssey will be available in Leather from the factory and also in an
EX-L RES model No idea what the RES stands for.

I've been informed that RES stands for "Rear Entertainment Center".

The Odyssey also gets a red (redrock Pearl, Havasu Blue and evergreen
Pearl.

http://www.vtec.net/news/items/675.html
Thats the page i got that from

2002 ODYSSEY
New Colours: Redrock Pearl and Evergreen Pearl

LX MODEL: significant increase in HP, 5AT, refreshed styling, side SRS, smart SRS, rear disc brakes, body colour side mouldings, larger rear speakers (same changes for EX model plus driver's lumbar support)
-anticipating a $1000 to $2000 increase in MSRP

NEW EX-L(Leather) MODEL:same changes as above with leather and heated seats, does not mention leather wheel but assuming they will add that
-anticipating $2000 increase in MSRP over '02 EX model

http://www.vtec.net/news/items/694.html
thats teh page i got that from.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just called Honda Customer Service here in Canada. According to the person I talked to, Honda will start building the 2002 ODY 2nd week of August 2001 and will not see it at the dealers until 1st or 2nd week of Sept 2001. No other details given. I guess this board knows more than they do. Honda's focus right now are the 4-door civics. But the ODY & MDX are made in a separate plant located at the back of the Civic plant in Alliston. So I don't know what the point is for telling me about the Civic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This information is very similar to the information I received from the dealer yesterday when I put down my deposit on a Silver '02 (forgot to ask about the seat heaters, but I have a feeling he didn't know). He also said that the L-RES (which stands for Leather interior Rear Entertainment System, a factory-installed video monitor, etc., for the back of the van) would likely cost around what this year's NAV option ran (although once again I'm skeptical, as the '01 NAV didn't have leather seats). He also said he wouldn't be surprised to see a standard in-dash 6-cd changer in the more loaded '02s, as that became standard in the higher end Accords in 2001.

The Redrock Pearl is not a candy apple red, like is available on the S2000s, but has more of a rosy undertone to it. The redrock pearl vehicles will come with the quartz interior now found in the Starlight Silver. Most dealerships now have 2002 color charts available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts