Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bulletin came across my salesman's desk today about the fog lights. Apparently the current fog lights that fit the 01 WILL NOT FIT the 02 models.

The attempt "resulted in absolute failure," according to what my salesman was reading.

I got the impression that he was reading something off of HondaNet, something from another dealer as opposed to something official from Honda.

Trevor?

·
Registered
205 Posts
man-MANY thanks for the warning. I just got mine in today from Handaaccessories. Guess I will contact Trevor tomorrow in case he doesnt see this.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know what he says. Before I take delivery, I'd like to have these installed. But if the product isn't available yet for the 02 models, so be it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I picked up my 02 tonite-already had the foglights here from Trevor in anticipation. While I was waiting on the van I went to parts and asked them. They looked in a computer and said they are the same as the 01's. He said the 01s were different than the 00's-maybe thats where the confusion comes from. Im not going to install mine until I get confirmation one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sold some foglights that were small and round originally, but changed over to the ones that fill the squarish holes in the outer ends of the bumper cover. For an example, go here:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/odyext01.html

Look at the picture next to the fog lights listing, which shows the 01 fog lightrs, then look below at the picture next to the full nose mask listing, which shows the original 99-00 lights.

I don't believe that the accessory list for the 02s is officially out. Some things are the same, but some apparently aren't.

Does your dealer or his parts department say that they have a listing specifically for 02 fog lights?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honda had the fog lgihts included on the 2002 accessory sheet. Then on the 10th they sent this message: "Our first attempt to install 2001 Odyssey Fog Lights on a 2002 model indicated they do not carry over, even though all information we have received indicates that they should."

Of course, for anyone that purchased the fog lights already for their 2002 model we will take care of getting any additional parts needed to install them sent or if Honda comes out with a complete different kit for it we will send out the replacement and handle the return shipping as well.

thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
205 Posts
Trevor,
please update as soon as you can. I had just ordered lights for my 02 from Handaaccessories.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just installed the factory fogs in my 2002 and every thing worked fine except the plug in the fuse box where the six pin plug goes was occupied, so I pulled it out and pluged in the fog light plug.... Everything works except I noticed my driver heated seat does not work. Can anyone check the Helm book and tell me what that plug is for in the 2002???

·
Registered
278 Posts
What's the latest on this. My dealer has no clue. Is there a harness adapter? Anyone have a part #?
Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Okay, so my dealer has some clue. There is an adapter being released to dealers but it is on back order. It is part #08V31SOX100A.
This will allow the fogs to be wired in EX-L's.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rneerpat:
i just installed the factory fogs in my 2002 and every thing worked fine except the plug in the fuse box where the six pin plug goes was occupied, so I pulled it out and pluged in the fog light plug.... Everything works except I noticed my driver heated seat does not work. Can anyone check the Helm book and tell me what that plug is for in the 2002???</font>
The plug you pulled out was for the seat. That's why it doesn't work. Trevor @ HandA Accessories will have the adapter available soon for shipping for '02 Odys with heated seats.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
The adapter came in. It is simply a 'Y' sub-harness. Two females for the fog and seat relays and a male for the panel. Cake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts