Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone Pleeeeease post pictures of your Redrock Pearl and/or evergreen ody. Many of us are dying to see the new colors. Also, a close up of the RES head unit would be great.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adam1991,

Appreciate the response. I really just wanted to see a close enough pic to make out the various controls and features. There is no information available from honda on the RES. The web site still lists cassette for LX and CD for EX, but nothing for the RES. I assume it is Cassette, CD, and DVD. Is that correct?

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats perfect. Thank you. This is the first time I get to actually see the lettering on the controls. I like the seperate front and rear lcd. Still wondering where the aux device splug in.

Tom

·
1,484 Posts
Member "gtse" said this:

"I just checked out the 02 RES over the weekend. The RCA jacks (2 R/L audio and 1 video)and 3 plugs for wire headphones are located inside the left hand-rest of the rear passenger "driver-side". On the same side where you could find the 12V outlet at the back of the rear passenger seats."

-Nestor

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tom,
So, did you change your order from MB EXL to RP EXL-RES? Hope this time it's not because you found anything wrong with the MB paint!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have pictures, but the Redrock is very nice. We got ours on Wed and I am very happy with the color.
The color shown on the Honda web site is very true to the actual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
Tom,
So, did you change your order from MB EXL to RP EXL-RES? Hope this time it's not because you found anything wrong with the MB paint!
</font>
Here's what happened. We preferred and still do prefer a MB EXL. Our Honda mediator has been working diligently to attempt to get one allocated to our area. Honda said it would be two or more months before that particular version would be built for our area. She asked if we could have a bit more flexibility in our choice so we decided our choices would be MB EXL, MB EXL-RES, RRP EXL, or RRP EXL-RES, in that order. She said she would submit that to the factory so we would get the first of any of those versions allocated to our area. She then suggested that since we have opened our options that we check with our local dealer to see if they have any of the new options in route to them. Well guess what? The dealer has a RRP EXL-RES scheduled to arrive on 10/3. The then current potential buyer was wavering so the dealer said it is ours. Honda will issue that van to us when it arrives and then replenish the dealers inventory in a future allocation. This is why I'm looking so hard for pics of the RRP. Sorry for the long winded explanation but it was a little complicated.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

[This message has been edited by tomhan (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
...Honda said it would be two or more months before that particular version would be built for our area...
...She asked if we could have a bit more flexibility in our choice....
</font>
Oh, how could they did this to you? They should ship the very first MB ody directly to your door. A bit more flexibility in your choice? Honda must be very lucky to have such a nice customer like you... After all, your situation is different from ours... Maybe they should throw in RES to compensate for all the changes and your time and anything else.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
Oh, how could they did this to you? They should ship the very first MB ody directly to your door. A bit more flexibility in your choice? Honda must be very lucky to have such a nice customer like you... After all, your situation is different from ours... Maybe they should throw in RES to compensate for all the changes and your time and anything else.
</font>
I couldn't agree more. It seems that I've gotten to a point where Honda has made me feel lucky to have them replace their defective product. I was initially told that a replacement was considered a special and goes directly to the top of the list. However, reality has arrived and I want to get this over with. Your correct in thinking Honda should pay for the RES. But as it stands, I either take the RRP EXL-RES now and pay the difference or wait two or more additional months to get a MB EXL. Since it has already been almost 6 months since this ordeal started I have decided to surrender and pay the fare. Thanks for your concern and support ody2002. In the interim, if anyone else can muster up more pics of the RRP color I sure would appreciate it.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

[This message has been edited by tomhan (edited 09-22-2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts