Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what might be going on here...
My wife opened the left door with the remote, placed our child in the car, then tried to close the door with the handle. The buzzer buzzed. She tried with the remote, and the same thing happened. On the third try it finally closed.
This is the first time that it has happened.
Thanks-

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've had this problem before if I 'accidently' hit the remote button for the door before it either completely opened or closed. Its very subtle; but a quick way to diagnose the problem would be to have her push the button on the remote again and see if that starts the door moving. Yes, pulling on the door handle will cause it to buzz at you. The key in what you said above is that she tried to close it first with the door handle and if it wasn't open all the way, you would likely hear the buzzing.

here's the sequence (I think):

- push door btn on remote and hold for 1 sec; door begins opening
- push door btn on remote; door stops if still moving or starts moving if stopped.
- push door btn on remote; door moves in the opposite direction.

in vehicle:

- pull door handle (inside or out), door begins opening
- pull door handle again while door moving (nothing happens until it has completely closed or opened)
- pull door handle again (door begins moving in opposite direction)

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Marvyn -

You certainly answered the problem that my neighbor was having. We didn't realize that if the door was stopped with the remote, that the handle would make the buzzer go off when used next. That's exactly what was happening here. I certainly can't see any logic behind it though...

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts