Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my roller assembly in my 02 for the drivers side door. I got the door to operate about 10 times. I can't get it to close now. I can open it no problem but when I go to close it it seems jammed. I can't even close it manually. I have to have my wife operate the controls and I have to push the door closed with all of my might and then the odd time it will close. I've got the interior panel off and I can see the motor initially tries to close but stops imediately. It almost seems as though it is locked open. The fact that I can't close it manually is confusing.
Please help! I've gone through all the forums and I can't find something to address this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further inspections and frustration I did find a few things and I think I corrected the problem. I had sprayed lubricant in the past up into the track. It had collected dirt and grime. I also noticed that the track was very slightly bent right near the "open" position. These two things caused just enough friction to cause the door to hang up. I also noticed that the plastic guides at the rear end of the track that guide the cable from the back were worn out. The plastic guides are interchangeable to either side and when you switch sides the guide wears in a different spot. I interchanged the left and right plastic guides (very easy) and now both sides are like new. The door opens and closes quietly adn with ease now.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts