Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if my '02 rear wiper is missing a nozzel insert or if this is just normal. When I wash the rear window the juice just kinda flows out, no faster then what gravity has to offer. Is this correct or is there supposed to be some sort of spray pattern with a little more force like the front windshield washers? The bottom part of the glass gets nice and clean but the top 1/3 (the most important part) doesn't get clean. I'll try sticking a pin in there and seeing if it's adjustable.

George
'02 SSEXL

·
Registered
131 Posts
It just comes out in a straight stream. I bet the angle of the stream could be adjusted though.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
342 Posts
My '01 LX's rear window washer shoots a straight stream but it's more than a tinkle. It's definitely under pressure. I wish it would spray more like the front windshield washers do but it works as it is.

I wonder if you don't have some kind of kink or obstruction in the feed line between the reservoir and the nozzle? It is a pretty fair distance between the two.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you consider the way the rear washer nozzle trickles fluid as "tinkle", I might suggest you should get yourself checked by a doctor right away... :)

I asked about this one time, that is the way it is supposed to work. If it shot at the same force as the front nozzle, you would waste more fluid than you would use. It is basically making a puddle of fluid for the read wiper blade to move around the way I understand it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think some of it is timing of the stream. I usually only allow a little on the "back stroke" and most of the flow on the forward stroke. It does seem to take a lot of fluid to get the rear window clean though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On the CRV Forum some owners swapped the rear nozzle with an OEM front nozzle - it worked great, producing a fan spray on the back window. Don't see why it would not work on the Ody.

------------------
-Peter-
2002 Odyssey EX-L
Red Rock Pearl (Familicus Perfectus)
2001 Sentra SE w/PP (Rocketus Fastus)
"You cannot buy happiness, but you can park your yacht next to it"

·
Registered
596 Posts
Originally posted by viper001:
If you consider the way the rear washer nozzle trickles fluid as "tinkle", I might suggest you should get yourself checked by a doctor right away... :)

Viper's right! I know a good urologist, named I.P.Standing........

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts