Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just picked up my '02 oddy from the transmission shop. Rebuilt at 105,000. shop installed cooler & replaced all 5 Engine mounts.
Now I have 2 issues. When engine starts I get check engine light and 15 seconds later the TCS light comes on. The code stored is P0135 (S1 bank O2 sensor heater circuit)
The second code from his Snap - On scanner is 31-2, PFINH Signal Failure. It is supposed to be a missing signal between the ECM & TCS system.
I had to pick up the kids and will be going back tomorrow. I can see the O2 fault from pulling the entire exhaust system to pull tranny, the other perplexes me.
My first thought was a loose wire connection.

Any help?
:huh:

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Didn't the shop notice these codes?

Both are most likely related to connections (or lack thereof) from the ABS/TCS and the PCM and the O2 sensor.

Take it back and ask them to check these connections.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks New Dad,

The shop did notice these codes. they had a total of 4 total.
1. low battery voltage - recharged the battery = fixed
2. Right rear wheel lock- cleared code = fixed
3. O2 heater circuit - cleared code = Not fixed
4. PFINH Signal failure - cleared code = Not fixed

I ran by NAPA last night to pick up thr O2 senspr in case it is in fact bad( $80) I will update you on any progress.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I hope you didn't buy a Bosch O2. Denso is the brand that works best in these cars, Bosch seems to give off more codes. If the codes are all new then I would think you have a connector not clicked in completely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news,

Went to shop, Tech pulled both O2 sensor connerctors, cleaned them & reconnected. Reset PCM/ ECM all codes GONE!

I did buy the Denso O2 sensor but will be exchanging it for 6 NGK spark plugs tomorrow

BTW Rebuild $3K at independant shop. With all 5 engine mounts & tie rod. OEM parts.

Thanks to all who replied.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts