Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 02 ODY at 151xxx I had the tranny fluid changed at the dealer now at 154xxx my tranny seems to be slipping from 2nd to 3rd. Dose this mean my tranny is going bad? Any suggestions on what to do? If I need a new tranny is it hard to change if youve never changed one? Any idea how much it would cost to replace?:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 01 would just stop while driving. The tcs light would come on. The diagnostic code indicated "something" wrong with the transmission. Took it to a tranny shop and of course they tell me I need a new tranny or need my old one rebuilt.

Opted to rebuild, although I didn't think the problem was that extreme, but what could I do? Anyway, it was a $3200 job for a tranny "rebuild" kit and labor. Sucked!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have you considered/performed the solinoid screen cleaning mentioned in previous threads?

You may give that a shot if the damage hasn't already been done.

...changing the transmission yourself could be a DIY job, but isn't for the faint of heart.

When mine goes out I do plan on getting a junk yard unit and trying it myself, but i'm crazy and cheap enough to try it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts