Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side butt warmer just died but the lumbar portion still works. Passenger side is just the opposite... butt warmer works but not lumbar. They did NOT happen at the same time.

Could this be a fuse issue or what? This really sucks cause it is really cold in Michigan right now!

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks OdyClub!

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The connector is on the bottom of the seats. Perhaps they both have a poor connection - see if you can ensure a good connection. Other possibilities are a short in the circuit or the heater units themselves.

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
When the seat heater switch is on low, the cushion and back heating elements are connected in series. So, if either element is broken, neither will work. When on high, they are connected in parallel. So if one element is broken, the other will still work.

Are you setting the switch to low or high? From your description, it sounds like high. Set the switch to low and see if you get any heat.

As NDNV stated, it could be a loose connector or a burned out element. (It's probably not a fuse because both elements are supplied from the same power circuit.) Detailed electrical tests would be needed to find the exact cause.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I do not believe there was a back heater on the passenger side due to the OPDS sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had it on High most the time. I have also tried the Low setting but the low setting is kinda hard to feel anyways. I will set it to Low and see what happens. If the connector is under the seat and easy to get to I will try to see if it rattled loose.

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
I have had it on High most the time. I have also tried the Low setting but the low setting is kinda hard to feel anyways. I will set it to Low and see what happens. If the connector is under the seat and easy to get to I will try to see if it rattled loose.
Yes, check the connectors under the seat. Also check the connectors between the cushion and the back. The latter are more difficult to locate. It's always smart to eliminate the obvious stuff wherever possible before moving on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On low neither lumbar nor the seat work. On high just the lumbar works. Haven't had a chance to check the connectors yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts